• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How to make music in my small basement same as mark levinson in my car , and whats the next upgrade step after kef r3? bookshelves.

• Thread starter Deleted member 51459
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

delta76

Major Contributor
Or who is just intentionally wasting everyone's time because he wants attention, which I think is more likely.
If he has been trolling us all

1664301175260.gif

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Maybe time to put all these threads out of their misery?

Edited. Plural.

Last edited:
OP
D

Deleted member 51459

Was already suggested and dismissed. Reason: car is parked 10 miles away.
Go figure. ;-)
Because i dont have parking space there unfortunately.
in the 5 years or less this issue will be resolved.
For the n-time: then why ignore all advice given? And this time actually answer the question…
I dont ignore any advice i am waiting for nad and i will try to see if things will improve a lot from it it not i will sale the speakers if i find to sale them to someone.
if not i need to keep them for at least 5 years or until they brake currently after my muso - sold out i have no other option to listen to music.
in 5 years time i will be able to get my own flat or house and if i am still with kef r3 i will get stands for them and space wont be an issue.

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

And I must admit that the op is now thanking just about every post! :)
am i bot or something,

is it 20cm from the wall enough for my speakers kef r3,
i cant move them more further?

I will listen to your advice and i will wait for nad m33 , i will limit listening to kef r3 with jvc in order not to destroy them ,like several of you already informed me.

SuicideSquid

Addicted to Fun and Learning
am i bot or something,

is it 20cm from the wall enough for my speakers kef r3,
i cant move them more further?

I will listen to your advice and i will wait for nad m33 , i will limit listening to kef r3 with jvc in order not to destroy them ,like several of you already informed me.
Ideally you'd want them to be closer to 40-50cm from the wall. Experiment and see what sounds best to you.

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

Ideally you'd want them to be closer to 40-50cm from the wall. Experiment and see what sounds best to you.
My maximum distance limit is 20 cm, i cant move them more than 20cm no space to place them :(
unless they are into the floor....
what i should do about this distance issue ?
can this be the reason why they sound not so well.

BrokenEnglishGuy

Major Contributor
Reading the M33, i see it comes with a high pass filter, you can high pass the R3 80hz-20khz and then add subs.
If you do that, you have not to worry about the distance port - wall.

''The NAD M33 runs BluOS which features low pass and high pass filtering. So if you set the crossover point at 80Hz, only frequencies above 80Hz will be...''
BTW, anyway you are going to need a stands for them.. like any speaker...

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

Reading the M33, i see it comes with a high pass filter, you can high pass the R3 80hz-20khz and then add subs.
If you do that, you have not to worry about the distance port - wall.

''The NAD M33 runs BluOS which features low pass and high pass filtering. So if you set the crossover point at 80Hz, only frequencies above 80Hz will be...''
i can set cross over from my jvc as well... thats not groundbreaking i will try this is it easy to set cross over at 80hz i never used blueos and nad product in my entire life.

SuicideSquid

My maximum distance limit is 20 cm, i cant move them more than 20cm no space to place them :(
unless they are into the floor....
what i should do about this distance issue ?
can this be the reason why they sound not so well.
What do you have them on? Are they not on stands?

BrokenEnglishGuy

Major Contributor
i can set cross over from my jvc as well... thats not groundbreaking i will try this is it easy to set cross over at 80hz i never used blueos and nad product in my entire life.
As far as I know your vintage JVC rx-e100 doen't have High pass filters.

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

As far as I know your vintage JVC rx-e100 doen't have High pass filters.
i dont agree with that.
i am attaching photo of my cool jvc 90s baby.
my cross over options are
80/100/120
so my jvc is same or better compared to nad, no new options.
I am attaching photo of cross over setting i think jvc is ultra high end for 90s.

Attachments

• 308437749_642744970615115_8461065677874622392_n.jpg
    308437749_642744970615115_8461065677874622392_n.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 44

SuicideSquid

i dont have speakers stands,

speakers are in my desk.the maximum limit of the desk is 20cm.
Do you have anything isolating your speakers from your desk?

Are you sitting at the desk while listening to the speakers?

Again, this reinforces that what you need are not hi-fi/home theatre speakers, but active nearfield monitors.

Hi-fi/home theater speakers are meant to be placed in a room and listened to from a distance. If you want to put speakers on your desk and set a couple of feet from them and get good sound, you should be using active nearfield monitors by Mackie, Dynaudio, Genelec, Neumann, etc. Genelec and Neumann are currently leading the field.

You should have your speakers placed on isolation pads, as without them, sound will transfer through the cabinet into your desk and muddy the sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom