• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Two pairs of the speakers in the same room - is it a problem?

Vacceo

Major Contributor
I play on all consoles - but I don't quiet get need of HDMI 2.1 - modern consoles can't output 4k 120fps anyway. Is there other advantage?

In case of Denon 3700 - I have mentioned it in the previous post and there are some doubts about performance.

Room is around 27 sqm - I will be sitting around 3 meters away from speakers. I want 3 way speakers for stereo for sure - considering Polk R700/L600 or some studio monitors like Neumann KH310 or some Focals. Maybe something new will come during listening sessions.
I think the Denon you have already employs HDMI 2.1, so you´re well covered in that department even if you upgrade systems. I´m not sure if you have the older board version or the fixed one, but either way, should you need it, you´re covered. The other advantage beyond framerate and resolution is the capacity to pass variable framerate technologies such as VRR, Freesync and so on.

Performance-wise, you have a SINAD of almost 100 db. It is not textbook transparent (that´d be 115 db), but to be honest, you´ll have nothing to be missed. If the speakers you like are those Polk, you could use a stereo amp with the power you need (the Hypex amps you mentioned are a great option!), hook it to the preamp section of the AVR and control the entire system with the AVR including Audyssey and still have 9 channels of amplification should you decide to go multichannel.

The usability of the system will be quite nice, as you´ll have an EARC HDMI, so no need to switch anything when you want to watch TV: turn on the Denon and those Polk speakers will play the TV content.

exactly this. a good speaker is a good speaker. For HT, it's simply about more channel (center, surround, heights) and that's it. People usually go to cheap speakers like Klipsch for HT because they are cheap, and you usually don't need accurate response as with critical listening. But nothing prevents you from using high quality Hi-Fi speakers for HT. They will definitely sound better

Yes I am sure https://hdmiforum.org/specifications/#:~:text=HDMI® Specification HDMI 2.1,is increased up to 48Gbps.
I´m in favor of using good speakers no matter the system: spend once, cry once. In the case of AVR/AVP´s even more so, as they´re flexible systems that will leave nothing to be missed no matter if you use them in stero, multichannel or for any type of content. The only downside could be making poor sources sound lacking...

OP
SlowCar

SlowCar

I think the Denon you have already employs HDMI 2.1, so you´re well covered in that department even if you upgrade systems. I´m not sure if you have the older board version or the fixed one, but either way, should you need it, you´re covered. The other advantage beyond framerate and resolution is the capacity to pass variable framerate technologies such as VRR, Freesync and so on.

Performance-wise, you have a SINAD of almost 100 db. It is not textbook transparent (that´d be 115 db), but to be honest, you´ll have nothing to be missed. If the speakers you like are those Polk, you could use a stereo amp with the power you need (the Hypex amps you mentioned are a great option!), hook it to the preamp section of the AVR and control the entire system with the AVR including Audyssey and still have 9 channels of amplification should you decide to go multichannel.

The usability of the system will be quite nice, as you´ll have an EARC HDMI, so no need to switch anything when you want to watch TV: turn on the Denon and those Polk speakers will play the TV content.

I don't have any avr yet. Denon 3700h employs only one 2.1 HDMI - so there is issue - rest of them propably doesn't support mentioned technologies.
The other problem with this avr is high pre out impedance.

Vacceo

Major Contributor
I don't have any avr yet. Denon 3700h employs only one 2.1 HDMI - so there is issue - rest of them propably doesn't support mentioned technologies.
The other problem with this avr is high pre out impedance.
The options for HDMI 2.1 AVR´s are relatively limited and not cheap. From top of my head I can think of Arcam, Denon, Marantz and McIntosh. Anthem is supposed to upgrade to HDMI 2.1 boards in their avr´s, but I don´t know when that will that happen. It is possible that NAD upgrades their boards to HDMI 2.1 due to their modular design in some models, but that is not something confirmed.

If your preference is narrowed down to Dirac, it gets super limited; as only Arcam uses it and the device is not as clean as Denon or Anthem.

OP
SlowCar

SlowCar

The options for HDMI 2.1 AVR´s are relatively limited and not cheap. From top of my head I can think of Arcam, Denon, Marantz and McIntosh. Anthem is supposed to upgrade to HDMI 2.1 boards in their avr´s, but I don´t know when that will that happen. It is possible that NAD upgrades their boards to HDMI 2.1 due to their modular design in some models, but that is not something confirmed.

If your preference is narrowed down to Dirac, it gets super limited; as only Arcam uses it and the device is not as clean as Denon or Anthem.

And it is great sum up why I am thinking about going separate systems.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Wow, so many responses!

And also the problem I had in mind when creating this topic has been mentioned first by @Ken Tajalli :

So it seems that it will be potential problem. Question is - how big? Will it be audible?

I will give some context why I even consider such setup - I was always stereo listener - in music in mind. Recently I have moved to new house and I want to build decent stereo setup. This is the priority. However I also play a lot of games and watch movies/shows where I am sure that loud subwoofer and rear channels will add a lot of immersion and fun. However, in this case I don't really care about high quality - I just want something that will be playing. I even considered soundbar setup.

So I have read a lot of reviews and theory and it seemed that it will be hard to achieve both at the same time - there is no such equipment that is very good at stereo listening and is able do HT and doesn't cost a tons of money.

Requirements for stere is good/very good room correction - so propably only Dirac and Audyssey are possible in "normal" money. I don't know if I will go classic consumer speakers route or decide to use studio monitors. Still some listening session to attend. For now favourite is Polk L600/R700. And that's it for the stereo.

Taking this requirements and looking for HT device being able to achieve it - We have Denon 3700h - but there are questions if it will be able to play good enough and will have enough power for decent stereo columns (like mentioned Polks). And if I go studio monitor setup route, the problem is that Denon 3700h preouts have very high output impedance.

On the other hand separate HT system will cost much less because I think that setup consisting of Denon 1700h and some Heco Aurora speakers will be enough for me. It will cost around 3k $/€. And I will be able to buy separate stereo speakers with sub and some Dirac enabled device with state of the art performance.

If You have any other idea let me know - maybe Denon 3700 route is not bad, I just think that there is a lot of things that can degrade sound quality (output impedance, we don't have measurments with room correction turned on etc.). But I had never HT amplituner so maybe I am wrong.

No switching cable etc. is considered as an option. HT solution has to be simple, so my wife will be able to turn on tv and enjoy it. Currently I have Adam Audio A7x where You have switch on each box to turn them on and my wife always use tv speakers because of that.

There is possible solution with switcher that i consider - there are nCore base amps with rca/xlr inputs. So I think that possiblity is to have them switched to rca all the time and using denon preouts. But for focused music listening sessions I can walk to both amps and turned them to xlr where I woul connect some Dirac enable device. Question is if it will be working because again high impedance of denon preouts. And there can be also problems with volume because of gain.

Hi @SlowCar

Read some of the posts, especially this, your latest to this writing, reply:

So it seems that it will be potential problem. Question is - how big? Will it be audible?
The crux of the problem. In all likelihood, not audible, in most domestic situations, IMHO.

So I have read a lot of reviews and theory and it seemed that it will be hard to achieve both at the same time - there is no such equipment that is very good at stereo listening and is able do HT and doesn't cost a tons of money.
That is not true. There is an entire industry that lies on this false premises, the High End Audio industry, HEA, for short. I will go as far as posit that a good AVR or equivalent must be the center of any AV system be it for 2-CH or MCH audio only or mixed use. There exist equipment that will acquit themselves of both with not the proverbial arms and legs. It begins with a good AVR aka Audio Video Receiver, these are marvels, the better ones at least, especially those with Pre-out and Audyssey or Dirac + DLBC ... I am not familiar with Dirac but will take other ASR -people word for it. I am an Audyssey user and enthusiast. If used properly , it is a ear-opening application. Takes time , takes reading but the tools are available to make it work in most people environment. In the scheme of things audio, those tools are downright , inexpensive (Audyssey smartphone APP at $20.oo), to reasonable, Audyssey PC App at 200.oo , 10 times more.... or free... Ratbudyssey. This comes with serious caveats: instability, not at the AVR level but on the PC, steep learning curve, you better read a lot and ask questions. There are people here that can help, e.g. @peng and @Chromatischism among many that know this bit of software (and others) and they will answer PM and forum questions... To sum it up, Audyssey is to me a necessity. They have a feature called Dynamic EQ that should be a requirement for any AVR or Processor audio or HT, I believe very few other companies have an equivalent: Monoprice had something similar, I am told on the HTP-1 and I wouldn't be surprised if the Trinnov or Storm have such ( at over $15,000.oo for those Prepro ... ).
so, No! There exist equipment that will provide with both a great HT and great 2-Channel if you choose to. My goto recommendation is the Denon AVR-X3700-H. reviewed here and on @Amir recommended list. One of the best measured AVR on ASR. Has Pre-out for all its channels and all the latest Video codecs and ... is powerful enough at 105 /ch but is capable of providing a bit-more with 2 channels only being driven. Call it the heart of your system.

On speakers, it remain a personal choice but there is a Science behind our choices and these days, studio monitors seem to be where the better ROI is... I don't know much about the Polk L 600you mention but they seem to hover around $4,000.oo a pair. A price where there are some interesting choice in studio monitors, in particular the JBL 708p, The Neuman KH310... Formidable speakers, with the 708 quite capable in the SPL department and are DSP-driven thus ... 3 x 708 for LCR plus multiple subs... heaven...

It is my opinion and based on Science that best bass in most rooms requires multiple subwoofers. Be it for HT or music. Multiple subwoofers provide smooth and extended bass response. This is a fact. Not easy to achieve but it is my observation that multiple subwoofers allow better bass response at the listening positions (yes plural) than a pair of full range speakers... and in general more SPL... and less distortion and lower reach and ... Interestingly the tools are almost free. One microphone the Umik-1

With patience and care, a system capable of excellent HT and 2-ch music can be assembled these days for pas-cher...

Not tooting my own horn. That is what I have done... and
and yes, I listen to music exclusively in 2-ch. The only concession I've made, is that I have 2 Audyssey settings, one for 2-Channel and the other for MCH. In both cases multiple subwoofers are used, same subs BTW ... The subwoofer integration with the mains, is handled by Audyssey but the subwoofers are controlled/set with a miniDSP 2x4 HD , that presents the combined subs as an unique subwoofer to the Denon/Audyssey.

Peace.

OP
SlowCar

SlowCar

@FrantzM that was my initial plan - but after digging deeper it seems that Denon has it's flaws - only one 2.1 hdmi and output impedance:

as stated by Archimago's it can generate problems

Vacceo

Major Contributor
Starting from the ground up and for a killer stereo system with the chance of growing, I´d take an AVP and hook up a couple of Neuman´s or Genelecs. The great thing about Genelecs is that they come with their own room correction system and evaluation tool for sound and reflections. Some users around this forums have done that and the results are quite good.

OP
SlowCar

SlowCar

Starting from the ground up and for a killer stereo system with the chance of growing, I´d take an AVP and hook up a couple of Neuman´s or Genelecs. The great thing about Genelecs is that they come with their own room correction system and evaluation tool for sound and reflections. Some users around this forums have done that and the results are quite good.

Genelec are too pricey for me since I need 3way fronts.

Vladimir Filevski

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I don't think it's false. I don't know any of AVR that comes close in terms of performance to dirac/class D setup. I wasn't talking about the speakers - I have stated it more clearly in recent post.
My answer was targeting (and quoting!) the first half of your post #31 - there you was talking exclusively about loudspeakers. So yes, I stand by my opinion that it is false.
As for AVR vs Dirac/Class D, you are free to choose any combination of good processor and amplifier to complement the main L/R pair of active studio monitors.

Data is in Denon 3700 topic - look for impedance.
Yes, I know Amir measured the output impedance to be 1.2 k ohm. So it needs the input impedance of the next amplifier to be at least 10 times higher - which is not a big deal for almost any amplifier.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
@FrantzM that was my initial plan - but after digging deeper it seems that Denon has it's flaws - only one 2.1 hdmi and output impedance:

Please read this post by @bigguyca ... This is measurable but inconsequential, ... For speakers like the 708 with an input impedance of 5 Kilo-Ohms. Most Genelec speakers active speakers input impedance are 10 KOhms .. Neuman around 15 KOhms ...
IOW, don't sweat that part ;)

For HDMI 2.1 .. I understand future-proofing and all the rest, but .. how many 8K sources, will you have in your system?

You could go for the Denon 4700, it has a lower output impedance on the Pre-pro ...but ...

Peace.

Ken Tajalli

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Wow, so many responses!
And also the problem I had in mind when creating this topic has been mentioned first by @Ken Tajalli :
OK, time to put things into perspective.
The issue I mentioned in my previous reply, only affect bass and lower bass. I can not see any issues with higher frequencies. Reflections and dispersion patterns play far greater roles at higher frequencies. Also, most of the energy in audio band is in lower frequencies, higher frequencies have geometrically less energy, so a music playing speaker, exciting another speaker midrange driver in the room, is unlikely!
As someone else had suggested (sorry can't remember who), keeping the HT speakers connected to its amp, and keeping the amp switched on, is a good idea. You see the HT amp, has a feedback from the speaker to control distortion and lower its output impedance, in essence, the switched on amp actively should dampen the effect.
Turning the hifi amp off when watching movies or playing games, means the hifi speakers can affect the HT speakers at bass! sure, but does it matter that much?
You just get a little wonky bass from your HT speakers. Unless you are watching a well recorded concert on TV , all is OK.
If you want to hear the effect the speakers have on each other, disconnect the HT speakers from amp, short circuit the posts, and listen to your hifi speakers for a while. Pay attention to bass quality.
Then take the short circuit off the HT speakers, and repeat!
Can you hear any difference in bass quality, quantity of the hifi speakers?
If not, all is OK.
The devil with fine details.

Vacceo

Major Contributor
Genelec are too pricey for me since I need 3way fronts.
They are pricey to you, to me and to everyone. :D If I strike the lotery, their distributor will open a bottle of something nice that day.
Still, there are other active options that will give you excelent results
Please read this post by @bigguyca ... This is measurable but inconsequential, ... For speakers like the 708 with an input impedance of 5 Kilo-Ohms. Most Genelec speakers active speakers input impedance are 10 KOhms .. Neuman around 15 KOhms ...
IOW, don't sweat that part ;)

For HDMI 2.1 .. I understand future-proofing and all the rest, but .. how many 8K sources, will you have in your system?

You could go for the Denon 4700, it has a lower output impedance on the Pre-pro ...but ...

Peace.
The HDMI 2.1 part makes sense playing videogames due to taking advantage of variable bitrate and low latency.

However, that can be bypassed if your TV uses EARC: plug the computer or console directly to the TV (if it has HDMI 2.1) and return the sound on the EARC port. That way you take advantage of the variable bitrate and low latency while you´ll still have Atmos and DTS X sound even if the AVR/AVP has onlyHDMI 2.0 avalible.

For big PC monitors it is also easy as you´d use DisplayPort from the PC to the monitor and HDMI from the PC to the AVR/AVP.

Last edited:

peng

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Amir did comment on the X3700H's output impedance being fairly high, but did you read the whole sentence:
Note the highlighted qualification:
It is fairly high output impedance. So don't load it down below 12 k Ohm.

If you want to be more conservative, you can match it with a power amp that has input impedance > 20 kOhm and that should give you a very good safe margin. It is not hard to find such an amp, below are examples that I managed to find quickly just by Googling a few popular ones for their specs:

Parasound A21+................................................................. 33 kOhm
Parasound 2125 V2 (Amir just measured)................ 33 kOhm
Hypex NCore NC252MP................................................. 47 kOhm (either input to ground)
NAD M33.............................................................................. 28 kOhm

Marantz MM8077............................................................. 22 kOhm unbalanced, 30 kOhm balanced
Monoth 7X200W.............................................................. 28 kOhm

The fact that the AVR-X3700H pre out SINAD remains high well pass 2 V output is a good indicator that even power amp's with lower than 10 k Ohm input impedance should not be an issue.

I did not see that he said anything about "generating problems".., unless I missed something..
It seems the article was talking about the output impedance of the two power amps compared. For power amps, the output impedance need to be very low because the input impedance of passive speakers are low, could be lower than 4 Ohms. In the case of preamp output impedance, it is more about its ability to drive the power amp if the power amp's input impedance is too low. In that case, it is recommended that the power amp's input impedance should be at least 10X that of the preamp's output impedance. Again, the AVR-X3700H can be matched with many power amps that have great specs and measurements.

There can be many reasons to go with an AVP/AVC instead of using the Denon's pre out, just want you to know the "fairly high" output impedance itself is not an audible issues, as long as you match it with power amps that offer >10 kOhm (higher the better) input impedance.

Last edited:
OP
SlowCar

SlowCar

On speakers, it remain a personal choice but there is a Science behind our choices and these days, studio monitors seem to be where the better ROI is... I don't know much about the Polk L 600you mention but they seem to hover around $4,000.oo a pair. A price where there are some interesting choice in studio monitors, in particular the JBL 708p, The Neuman KH310... Formidable speakers, with the 708 quite capable in the SPL department and are DSP-driven thus ... 3 x 708 for LCR plus multiple subs... heaven...

Well, L600 has impressive bass quality, and overall quality was really good at first sight. I prefer this first emotion from them versus other speakers like Kef R7 or Wharfedale Lintons (which were really nice speakers). 708 is not an option as it is 2way (edit: after rereading review, if this speakers will be avaiable, I will give it a shot). I would like to try Neumann but it can be hard where I live. I am also almost sure that they will not be up to L600 bass performance because of the design.

My answer was targeting (and quoting!) the first half of your post #31 - there you was talking exclusively about loudspeakers. So yes, I stand by my opinion that it is false.
As for AVR vs Dirac/Class D, you are free to choose any combination of good processor and amplifier to complement the main L/R pair of active studio monitors.

Yes, I know Amir measured the output impedance to be 1.2 k ohm. So it needs the input impedance of the next amplifier to be at least 10 times higher - which is not a big deal for almost any amplifier.

I have never stated that speakers are better/worse fot HT, nor my post stated that. So nothing to answering in that regard. Anyway We can both agree that speakers are not issue. Idea of having 2 paris of a speakers is because there is no equipment, not in other way :)

When it comes to impedance - I think it can be a big deal - I will respond it below so please read if You want to.

However, that can be bypassed if your TV uses EARC: plug the computer or console directly to the TV (if it has HDMI 2.1) and return the sound on the EARC port. That way you take advantage of the variable bitrate and low latency while you´ll still have Atmos and DTS X sound even if the AVR/AVP has onlyHDMI 2.0 avalible.

I have started thinking about this. My current tv doesn't support eArc, but also doesn't support 2.1hdmi. But it will be replaced (hopefully soon) so there would be one more thing to think of when choosing. But it is something that can be overcome.

Amir did comment on the X3700H's output impedance being fairly high, but did you read the whole sentence:
Well, I have read Archimago's sentence about 20x ratio. I don't know it this also applies to preamp-> amp connection - if someone can exaplin it would be really helpful.

There can be many reasons to go with an AVP/AVC instead of using the Denon's pre out, just want you to know the "fairly high" output impedance itself is not an audible issues, as long as you match it with power amps that offer >10 kOhm (higher the better) input impedance.
All my anxiety (is it correct word to use in this sentence?) also comes from googling - two studio monitors that I consider are:

- Neumann KH310 13k Ohms
- Focal Trio6 10KOhms

So I think there can be issue (question is on what level it will be issue - should there be 20x ratio as Archimago's stated for loudspeakers, or there is different rule for amps - as You stated 10x??)

OP
SlowCar

SlowCar

You see the HT amp, has a feedback from the speaker to control distortion and lower its output impedance, in essence, the switched on amp actively should dampen the effect.
I can't see that I would use equipment this way.
Then take the short circuit off the HT speakers, and repeat!
Can you hear any difference in bass quality, quantity of the hifi speakers?
Unfortunately I can't check it - so that's why question was asked.

You have said that the biggest issue comes in bass regards - in case of 2 separate systems I will have sub for HT, but possibly also for music - so 2 different subs - always only one of them turned on. I can imagine that bigger woofer can generate bigger problems?

egellings

Major Contributor
Do the experiment yourself. Listen with just one pair of speakers in the room, and then again with two pairs, (one pair not energized) and hear for yourself if there is a difference or not. You could try the two pair experiment both with the unused speakers having their input terminals either shorted together or left disconnected.

Vladimir Filevski

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I have never stated that speakers are better/worse fot HT, nor my post stated that. So nothing to answering in that regard. Anyway We can both agree that speakers are not issue. Idea of having 2 paris of a speakers is because there is no equipment, not in other way :)
If you think Dennon X3700H is not good enough for combined HiFi + HT duties, than sell it and by appropriate electronic equipment. It will be cheaper than bying two pairs of speakers.

When it comes to impedance - I think it can be a big deal...

Well, I have read Archimago's sentence about 20x ratio. I don't know it this also applies to preamp-> amp connection - if someone can exaplin it would be really helpful.

...- two studio monitors that I consider are:
- Neumann KH310 13k Ohms
- Focal Trio6 10KOhms
So I think there can be issue (question is on what level it will be issue - should there be 20x ratio as Archimago's stated for loudspeakers, or there is different rule for amps - as You stated 10x??)
No big deal and no issue at all.
This 10x ratio is a rule of thumb, not commandment carved in stone. It comes from requirement: voltage loss to be lower than 1 dB.
So, 1.2 kOhm output impedance loaded by 10 kOhm input impedance gives -0.94 dB voltage loss, or loaded by 13 kOhms gives -0.84 dB loss. It is important to note - this slight voltage loss has no negative impact on sound quality.
20x ratio rule from Archimago gives -0.42 dB voltage loss - nothing spectacularly better than 10X rule.

Last edited:

peng

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

I have not seen it in the one you linked, please post the link if it is a different one you are now referring to.

In the one you linked earlier, it says:

1. Aim for higher damping factor (lower output impedance) amplifiers if you want a system which maintains a flatter frequency response with varying speaker impedances. But no need to go overboard! Most of today's speakers are rated nominally around 4-8Ω which is why I usually measure amps using the "more difficult" 4Ω load and I like to see something like around 20x or more damping factor across the audible frequency spectrum, not just single average value. High damping will allow the amplifier to act with less "load variance"; achieving a flatter frequency response. I believe this is a huge part of the difference between the sound of the Hypex nCore vs. Pass SIT-2 I'm showing here.

That was about damping factor. DF is determined by the output impedance of a power amplifier, not preamplifier. Also as explained, power amp's output impedance need to be very low because the impedance of speakers (passive ones) are low, typically 4 to 8 ohms nominal.

I can try to explain more, based on basic electrical theories (probably just Ohm's law will do).

Ohm's law: Current = Voltage/Impedance, and Voltage = Current X Impedance, or V = IZ, or IR if the load is a resistor.

Consider the following:

- For a preamplifier, the load is a power amplifier that has very high impedance, typically 10,000 ohms or much more, 20,000 ohms or more are common
- For a power amplifier, the load is a loud speaker that typically has much lower input impedance such as 4 to 8 ohms nominal with dips to 2 to 5 ohms being quite common.

I don't prefer to quote PS Audio, but they do have a good worked example for you in this case as the author covered the recommended output impedance to input impedance ratio for both preamp/power amp and power amp/speakers:

Here’s what’s important: whatever you are trying to ask the output amplifier to drive must be at least 10 times higher in impedance and preferably 100 times or more. Why? Because you don’t want to lose any of the musical energy being sent to the receiving device and you don’t want to stress out the amplifier that’s sending the music in the first place.

So here are some practical examples. If the input impedance of your power amplifier is 10k then the output impedance of your DAC or preamp feeding it must be at least 1k and better if it’s 100 Ohms or less. If it’s 100 Ohms you’ll only lose a tiny amount of signal at the junction between the preamp and the amp – 100th of what you are sending, just for understanding sake (not entirely accurate but you get the idea).

Here’s another example: a loudspeaker. Let’s say your loudspeaker is an 8 Ohm speaker whose impedance dips as low as 3 Ohms at its lowest point (speakers don’t have flat impedance). That means the output impedance of your power amplifier should be at least 0.3 Ohms and probably better at 0.03 Ohms to really have very little affect.

As I said, 10X (minimum) is the factor that get quoted often, but if you want to be conservative (like I am..), I would go with 20X, that's minimum and higher is better.

All my anxiety (is it correct word to use in this sentence?) also comes from googling - two studio monitors that I consider are:

- Neumann KH310 13k Ohms
- Focal Trio6 10KOhms

20X ratio stated for loudspeakers would correlate more to 10X ratio for power amps, but personally I would double that and go for 40X minimum (some would argue 200X or even 1000X but that would be just being silly..) for loudspeakers and 20X for amps, the higher the better, to a point. There is always a point of diminishing return.

Top Bottom