• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What's a Balance Preamplifier Should Be Like?

Sokel

Master Contributor
I think someone must explain Fosi the hi/lo pass function in detail,they don't seem to fully understand.
@Fosi Audio ,if you want an example of the sub out and high pass combined have a look at this very cheap design:

(i have couple of dirty measurements here about it )

Guddu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I think someone must explain Fosi the hi/lo pass function in detail,they don't seem to fully understand.
@Fosi Audio ,if you want an example of the sub out and high pass combined have a look at this very cheap design:

(i have couple of dirty measurements here about it )
you just said what I thought of saying a few times but then every time thought it can not be true :D
Have replied on this topic a few times, after all!

Chrise36

Major Contributor
Question is whether the balanced type of amplifier is from input to output? Or is it just only balanced input converted to non-balanced amplifier and then the single ended output is converted to a balanced output. If the second is thought then the concept is worthless to me.
Sub out mono stereo switchable and peq if it is a preamp. More outputs can be useful also.

shion_ca

Optional Tube Buffer, fully balanced, separate power supply, very granular gain options, unity gain mode, dsp integration, USB in... hey probably not everyone's list in a pre-amp.

Mikig

Hi Fosi! I was just thinking about it today. Do you have an idea on release times? Thank you

Zuiko

Case 1: For desktop PC setup (to drive V3 Monos):
High:
- Subwoofer out with crossover.
- Change to/or add a 1/4 inch headphones plug
- If adding a DAC, must beat the SMSL SU-1 (otherwise leave analog).
- More narrow form factor (go vertical on rear inputs).
- Super quiet when turning on/off or changing inputs/outputs etc. (no speaker pops)
Nice:
- Headphone / speakers toggle button on front (so there is no need to plug/unplug the headphones).
- If the volume is digital, remember the last volume when switching between headphones and speakers
- Match the Z3 Monos: External power supply.
- Bass/Treble/Mids
- A volume knob that's yummy to turn.
Not needed:
- Remote, volume display.

Case 2: As preamp for a dedicated stereo system:
- Subwoofer w/ crossover
- At least one more RCA input
- Remote
- Volume display (dimmable!)
- Auto sleep
- DAC or Phono preamp: Should match the V3 Mono's quality, otherwise leave out to lower the cost.
- Form factor can be wide.

Ultra Deluxe++ Fun Version:
The ability to add multiple opamps/tubes, and a toggle switch to pick which one is active!
Could be both fun and useful to control based on music genre, active vs passive listening, dialog etc...

Thx Fosi!

Top Bottom