• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Let Your Voice Help Us Make an All-In-One

Fosi Audio

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Greetings,

In our recent survey within our community, we explored the concept of an All-In-One solution, garnering insightful feedback and suggestions from numerous audiophiles. We're now reaching out to ASR members for your additional perspectives on this product.

We would greatly appreciate your thoughts on what this product should encompass and which of the two proposed solutions resonates more with you. Your input is invaluable in shaping an exceptional audio experience.

Option A: CD+streamer+DAC+preamp+headphone amp
Option B: CD+streamer+DAC+preamp+power amplifer

1703148265480.png

OldTimer

I need Option A but it should be Airplay 2 for multi-room between my Apple HomePod and Airport Express. If it’s available, I’ll buy it right away.

OldTimer

Are you considering
Option C: streamer+DAC+preamp+power amplifer
It’s also okay to teach Wiim Amp how to implement TPA3255 power amp with streamer in a good manner which is a three pole grounded socket.

GNK

No offense, but are there people who still use CDs to listen to music?

Reactions: ovi

Talisman

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Yes.

As for @Fosi Audio 's question, I would much prefer the headphone amplifier, I would leave the power amplifier aside, because it could be the bottleneck for many who want higher or higher quality power performance than the current fosi proposals (no offense) Since the preamplifier is present in all the options, I ask you once again, please, sub output and option for output with high pass filter, if possible adjustable in a range otherwise an average value such as 75/80hz. This is essential for me to consider the purchase

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Instead of a CD player WIFI with a dock for an upgradeable SSD drive would be much better or USB port for adding storage. Bluetooth is popular, but many people have large media libraries too. With enough USB ports, an external CD drive would be easy to add if wanted.

Pe8er

Forum Donor
I would be interested in option A, if it has digital out. Also, can you please comment how are you envisioning software side of it? Some sort of Linux distro like Moode or Volumio perhaps?

Graham849

Forum Donor
Yes I still listen to CDs
Option 2 for moi

Jeromeof

Forum Donor
I would go for Option B - I personally would drop the CD completely but add a "powerful" headphone output. I think having a good TPA3255 implementation would fit better with @Fosi Audio strengths - but what platform for the streamer? Obviously, WiiM/Linkplay have a similar device now with the WiiM Amp and it will be hard to compete with their mobile App / Streaming platform and its many features.
Note: The older LinkPlay module Fosi Audio used in the T10 last year was not very good IMO

jeroboam

Option B for me but drop the CD and Chromecast is a must have. Software will have to be on par with Wiim amp to be competitive as will pricepoint.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Yep

If I were buying I'd be looking at option 2.
But I'm not. I already have everything I need.

MCH

Major Contributor
I will not say drop the CD because it seems to me that it is the raison d'etre of this device. What I would suggest is to drop the power amp because it will make an already niche product even more niche (not powerful enough for some, gets too hot for others, measures not good enough for others.....)
That said, even with power amp, if you add a proper sub out with the necessary filters as suggested, could get popular for the younger folks bedroom systems, i Will be curious to see the result. Good luck.

Kegemusha

I listen to CD but I have a Yamaha CD player, so for me the CD part can be out. Streamer,DAC, pre and AMP and USB for a hard drive or internally would do it.

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
this looks like yamaha's wxc/wxa-50

this is a funny product trying to be all things to all people

as always i would remove the cd drive and remove the amps

but this sort of product heavily relies on how well the online portion works and how well the app works

i would actually ask if you can include a 2.5 sata port or something like that for obvious reasons

Sokel

Master Contributor
Yes.

and option for output with high pass filter, if possible adjustable
That would need a LOT of care and accompanying app or rock-solid interface as it involves levels that should be as reliable as possible.
And even then (even the miniDSP struggles,it fixed some of the performance after many years in the market,have a look at the thread ) .

Top Bottom