• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

This audio cable business is getting out of hand...

Plcamp

Addicted to Fun and Learning
You do understand that FRC is a clever parody?
I am the one that criticized their cables previously for not implementing entangled copper molecules so your speakers sound faster.

Plcamp

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I noticed today there is a private Facebook group dedicated to exotic cable lovers with over 5,000 members.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
I am the one that criticized their cables previously for not implementing entangled copper molecules so your speakers sound faster.

I can't believe they missed something so obvious.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
So fast, they're the only cables certified to play McClintic Sphere's canon of recordings.
:cool:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McClintic_Sphere

(If this reference is too abstruse, I guess you'll just have to read Thomas Pynchon's debut novel, V -- which I would suggest would be a better way to spend time than thinking about, much less arguing about, fancy wires ;) )

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Quantum entangled wireless speakers sounds like a new niche... No pun intended (but...)

xaviescacs

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Quantum entangled wireless speakers sounds like a new niche... No pun intended (but...)

"Dear audiophiles. I must tell you something. You all live with the idea that rsa and sha-256 are unbreakable in practice. Lisent to me, don't trust that bullshit. They say that the time it takes to break such algorithms is too large to matter. Really? How does then the NSA do it? Trust me, the only way to ensure your music is only yours is quantum entanglement".

Last edited:

Anthony101

I genuinely believe these audiophiles are just addicted to buying new toys; don't they understand that a music lover will stay glued to his favourite piece of music even if it's coming from a gramophone.

I have excellent sounding records and SACDs. However, my favourite album is B.B. King Live in Cook County Jail, with its pops, hisses and background noises. At the same time, an audiophile seldom enjoys the music, even if played on a £150,000 hi-fi.

Grumpish

I genuinely believe these audiophiles are just addicted to buying new toys; don't they understand that a music lover will stay glued to his favourite piece of music even if it's coming from a gramophone.

I have excellent sounding records and SACDs. However, my favourite album is B.B. King Live in Cook County Jail, with its pops, hisses and background noises. At the same time, an audiophile seldom enjoys the music, even if played on a £150,000 hi-fi.

Audiophool - someone who uses music to listen to expensive HiFi, Audiophile - someone who use expensive HiFi to listen to music

Anthony101

Audiophool - someone who uses music to listen to expensive HiFi, Audiophile - someone who use expensive HiFi to listen to music
In my opinion, an audiofool is a non-technical, non-musical individual who imagines stupid things about audio equipment.

And an audiophile is a person who spends fortunes on the wrong things, which are the high-profit-margin and well-advertised items like cables, magic stones, power conditioners, power cables, connectors, resistors, and just about everything that has almost nothing to do with the quality of reproduced music

cochlea

Forum Donor
That’s nothing. My diamond-encrusted, copper-beryllium speaker wire plays Chopin’s Minute Waltz in 47 seconds.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
That’s nothing. My diamond-encrusted, copper-beryllium speaker wire plays Chopin’s Minute Waltz in 47 seconds.
Not zircon encrusted?

1625320887512.png

Geoffkait

Could I be mistaken or has wire directionality not raised it’s ugly head on this thread?

BluesDaddy

Could I be mistaken or has wire directionality not raised it’s ugly head on this thread?
Pretty sure it has, more than once. Interestingly enough, on a FB turntable group I'm part of there was a post yesterday regarding a young enthusiast who had just read some audiophool's nonsense about solid core, directional wire "sounding better" and he was going to replace his speaker wires because of it. I couldn't help but comment.

Geoffkait

If one were determined as a manufacturer he would control the direction of each tiny wire strand of stranded cables. Controlling the direction of solid core wire is child’s play. Next up, are power cords directional, too?

MaxBuck

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If one were determined as a manufacturer he would control the direction of each tiny wire strand of stranded cables. Controlling the direction of solid core wire is child’s play. Next up, are power cords directional, too?
Of course they are. Current flow is always away from the wall socket. :cool:

(Yes, I know.)

RoyB

Forum Donor
8' speaker cables...$29,995.00! Such a deal! Saw these in this months Stereophile magazine.

Geoffkait

“Current flow is always away from the wall socket.”

Well, half the time, anyway. You get partial credit. :)

egellings

Major Contributor
8' speaker cables for only 30 grand? It's a steal! Get a coupla pair for the kids, too.

Top Bottom