• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Looking for cheap small amp for my Pro-ject turntable.

OP
J

junksculp

I've heard the A50 before and had nothing to complain about. The performance should also be completely sufficient for your system. If you want a remote control in this price range, or under €100, I don't know of any sensible alternative. From my experience, I don't think other amplifiers in this price range sound audibly better.
HiFi-Express offers the A50 quite cheaply.

For other recommendations you would have to mention your maximum budget. My recommendation wouldn't change for less than €100.
Thank you. What would you recommend under 150€ and 200€?

AIYIMA:GUO

Roland68

Major Contributor
Thank you. What would you recommend under 150€ and 200€?
E.g. the already proposed Loxjie A30, but no more powerful than A50. AO100 is twice as expensive as A50, but really makes more sense? By the way, it doesn't have any more power either.
A300 and AO300 are both good, used Yamaha A-S200/201 or 300/301.
There are currently 2 offers on HiFi-Express.
Offer for the old Sabaj A20a. I had it myself and it's pretty good.
Sabaj A4, but I can't say anything about that at all.

But you're just going around in circles.
You won't notice any big differences in sound between the devices in your budget, especially if you don't have experience.
My recommendation is very clear: first buy a cheap device that meets your requirements, e.g. remote control. Functions that you don't need and overpaid watts of power that you don't need are of no use to you.
If you sell the small amplifier at some point, you won't make a big loss. The more expensive the amplifier, the greater the loss.

OP
J

junksculp

E.g. the already proposed Loxjie A30, but no more powerful than A50. AO100 is twice as expensive as A50, but really makes more sense? By the way, it doesn't have any more power either.
A300 and AO300 are both good, used Yamaha A-S200/201 or 300/301.
There are currently 2 offers on HiFi-Express.
Offer for the old Sabaj A20a. I had it myself and it's pretty good.
Sabaj A4, but I can't say anything about that at all.

But you're just going around in circles.
You won't notice any big differences in sound between the devices in your budget, especially if you don't have experience.
My recommendation is very clear: first buy a cheap device that meets your requirements, e.g. remote control. Functions that you don't need and overpaid watts of power that you don't need are of no use to you.
If you sell the small amplifier at some point, you won't make a big loss. The more expensive the amplifier, the greater the loss.
Thank you, I think I buy the A50, I found it for 64,55 euro:
I also found this, much power too, but no remote control:

Roland68

Major Contributor
Thank you, I think I buy the A50, I found it for 64,55 euro:
I also found this, much power too, but no remote control:
I wouldn't even take an FX-Audio device if it were given as a gift.
The amplifier chip installed in this device is often used in fake TPA3116 amplifiers. Even 20 watts per channel would be lucky.

OP
J

junksculp

I wouldn't even take an FX-Audio device if it were given as a gift.
The amplifier chip installed in this device is often used in fake TPA3116 amplifiers. Even 20 watts per channel would be lucky.
Thank you, I order the a50, I think 64 euro is a good price.

Top Bottom