• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Looking for cheap small amp for my Pro-ject turntable.

Roland68

Major Contributor
The fx-audio fx502a pro is without controls
If you have a small budget, the Aiyima A07 Pro recommended by @Multicore would be a much better choice. There is currently a good offer for the Aiyima A07 Pro with 35v (€72.50) and 48v (€77.50) power supply on Aliexpress. A Fossi V3 would be more expensive.

Alternatively, you can check out your local used market. Sometimes you get lucky and someone sells an old but good used amplifier for very cheap. Old treasures, such as a Technics, Onkyo, Pioneer, Cyrus one (the first), NAC (3020, 3xxx or 3xx series) or even old Sony stereo amplifiers can be bought used for € 30-100 and would fit well with your system .

OP
J

junksculp

If you have a small budget, the Aiyima A07 Pro recommended by @Multicore would be a much better choice. There is currently a good offer for the Aiyima A07 Pro with 35v (€72.50) and 48v (€77.50) power supply on Aliexpress. A Fossi V3 would be more expensive.

Alternatively, you can check out your local used market. Sometimes you get lucky and someone sells an old but good used amplifier for very cheap. Old treasures, such as a Technics, Onkyo, Pioneer, Cyrus one (the first), NAC (3020, 3xxx or 3xx series) or even old Sony stereo amplifiers can be bought used for € 30-100 and would fit well with

Alternatively, you can check out your local used market. Sometimes you get lucky and someone sells an old but good used amplifier for very cheap. Old treasures, such as a Technics, Onkyo, Pioneer, Cyrus one (the first), NAC (3020, 3xxx or 3xx series) or even old Sony stereo amplifiers can be bought used for € 30-100 and would fit well with your system .
Thank you for your advice. Is there a cheap amplifier in the table (green and blue) that gets more points than the Aiyima AO7?
Best stereo cheap amplifier review 2022.png

OP
J

junksculp

I've used the A07 with my turntable and the vinyl sounded just as good as with other more expensive amps I've used.

There are better choices.
Thank you. I don't see the fx502a in the table either, but I do see the fx502s, which looks reasonable. I connected the fx502a, borrowed from the neighbor. Sounds pretty good and clean. So the Aiyima will sound even better? Which adapter should I take? How many volts and amperes? The speaker are 40 watts 6 ohms, 75 watts max.

ModDIY

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Thank you for your advice. Is there a cheap amplifier in the table (green and blue) that gets more points than the Aiyima AO7?View attachment 354030
Fosi V3

Reactions: MCH
OP
J

junksculp

Fosi V3

But no bass and treble controle. But do I need them??

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
If someone is looking for a "warm" sounding amplifier, then they won't be happy with tone controls/EQ.
This effect is achieved by adding distortion/overtone spectra to the original music signal.
And there we have problems. Some people say warmth is distortion - others frequency response.

It means different things to different people. Personally I'm in the FR camp.

Roland68

Major Contributor
And there we have problems. Some people say warmth is distortion - others frequency response.

It means different things to different people. Personally I'm in the FR camp.
And the really bad thing is that both are right, each in their own way. Even worse when it mixes.
My opinion on this is quite simple: if it is unwanted or uncontrolled, then it is unsuitable and broken, because it changes the initial data in an uncontrolled and unpredictable manner.
If it is wanted and controlled, then it belongs in the product description so that the customer knows exactly what he is buying. Everything else is rubbish for me.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Depends - if the tonality is not what is wanted then with a turntable as source there is no other way to adjust it. If you have a "need" for a warm sound, I'd worry a system without tone controls may not be able to deliver the preference.

OP
J

junksculp

I like the SMSL A50 with remove control, digital volume, display etc. Same quality like Aiyima A07?

Roland68

Major Contributor
I like the SMSL A50 with remove control, digital volume, display etc. Same quality like Aiyima A07?
The A50 was already on the list as a recommendation in my first post.
If you want something with a remote control, then this should be the cheapest amplifier recommended, plus tone control and Bluetooth.
Together with the AIYIMA A07 PRO you have two of the best options in the price range, but only you can decide and pull the trigger.
Remember that the offer for the AIYIMA A07 PRO ends today.

Roland68

Major Contributor
TPA3116 VS TPA3255. No
The SMSL A50 has 2 x TPA3116 and the same remote control as the larger devices (e.g. Sabaj A30a).
Bottom line, similar performance to amplifiers with the Infineon MA12070.

OP
J

junksculp

The SMSL A50 has 2 x TPA3116 and the same remote control as the larger devices (e.g. Sabaj A30a).
Bottom line, similar performance to amplifiers with the Infineon MA12070.A
Also this is a good choice?

OP
J

junksculp

Loxjie A30 is another option. You got Toslink and USB for streaming and TV. Also, it's nicer than Fosi or Aiyima.
I only need a remote control and EQ, nothing else. And offcourse good sound.

Roland68

Major Contributor
Also this is a good choice?
I've heard the A50 before and had nothing to complain about. The performance should also be completely sufficient for your system. If you want a remote control in this price range, or under €100, I don't know of any sensible alternative. From my experience, I don't think other amplifiers in this price range sound audibly better.
HiFi-Express offers the A50 quite cheaply.

For other recommendations you would have to mention your maximum budget. My recommendation wouldn't change for less than €100.

Top Bottom