1. WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously.

Kii THREE

Discussion in 'Desperate Dealers Forum' started by Purité Audio, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Purité Audio

Purité Audio Major Contributor Industry Insider Barrowmaster

Mola Mola is really Jan's from Hypex' product, I am not sure how much Bruno is still part of that project.
    Keith

2. Burning Sounds

Burning Sounds Member

I heard the Kii Three at the Cranage Audio Show in late June. It wasn't on the exhibitor list so a welcome surprise. Unfortunately it was in a small bedroom which was a shame, but I still thought it was the best sound at the show. The bass was a bit compromised, no doubt due to the size of the room, but the imaging and soundstage was very good. I got to hear quite a few pieces of music that I know well and the Kiis were very good, especially when I came back to the room a second time and listened from an off centre seat. No collapsing into one speaker. As good as my Linkwitz LX521s in that respect! ;) The dealer was using a Merging NADAC player (but presumably not its 8 dacs?) and Roon as the music player. The Kiis were able to deal with the small room very well. Impressive.

3. Purité Audio

Merging make a two and eight channel version, the Kii's didn't need the DACs from either of course.
    Bass is one of the Kii's strongpoints, wasn't the dealer also using PSI's active traps?
    Keith

4. Burning Sounds

Burning Sounds Member

It was the 8 channel NADAC - I was interested in it because I use an 8 channel Mytek which is getting a bit long in the tooth, although still a current model. Unfortunately the NADAC is 3 times the price and doesn't have an ADC, so the Mytek enables me to play some vinyl every once in a while.

I can't honestly remember if there were any bass traps in the room. The dealer didn't have any literature on any of the items (it could have all gone when I got to his room) and I think it was a last minute decision to exhibit which was why it was a small room - a shame as Cranage has some nice rooms. There was also considerably more younger people and wives/girlfriends than I usually see at shows I've been to in the past. Mrs Burning Sounds came with me although I had to bribe her with a pamper day at the hotel's leisure centre. Now she wants to go again next year! :D
    Gordon

5. Kal Rubinson

Kal Rubinson Active Member

Have you considered the HAPI?

6. Purité Audio

Very enthusiastic review in this month's Stereophile.
    Keith

7. Purité Audio

8. Sal1950

Sal1950 Major Contributor The Chicago Crusher

9. Kal Rubinson

Kal Rubinson Active Member

Are you obsessed?

10. Sal1950

Sal1950 Major Contributor The Chicago Crusher

Just repercussions of a youth mis-spent. LOL