• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Kii THREE

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Really 20KHz at 36, I think you might be a tad optimistic!
Keith
Well he did take a hearing test so nothing “ optimistic “ about his claims.

Classic audiophile defensive response when you don’t agree with someone, criticise/cast aspersions their hearing :rolleyes:

I’m 38 and I was still good up to 18 kHz last time I checked.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
In fact classic objectivist response questioning a dubious claim of exaggerated hearing capability.
Keith

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
In fact classic objectivist response questioning a dubious claim of exaggerated hearing capability.
Keith
LOL, You were just sore because he dared to not holly worship the Kii three.

He Seems like a humble guy with no agenda and gave a polite respectful description of his experience. You can hear upto 20 kHz and still imagen artefacts as was alluded to in his appraisal.

oivavoi

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
LOL, You were just sore because he dared to not holly worship the Kii three.

He Seems like a humble guy with no agenda and gave a polite respectful description of his experience. You can hear upto 20 kHz and still imagen artefacts as was alluded to in his appraisal.

Humble, moi?

Thanks mate!

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Of course you are entitled to your opinion and with your quasi bat/human hearing you certainly have the high frequencies covered.
But I have heard the Kii’s many times and heard them directly compared against many other speakers in the same room at the same time,and I haven’t heard anything but really well defined bass, I believe the Kii’s are exceptional speakers not as good as US speakers of course because that would be against God and nature but none the less very fine.
Keith

oivavoi

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Here's an easy online hearing test, to determine how high up one hears:
http://www.noiseaddicts.com/2009/03/can-you-hear-this-hearing-test/

Decay has apparently kicked in. Now I can only make it to 19 khz, and only barely.

FWIW, I'm not American. My current speakers are British, and my next speakers (shipping in a couple of weeks!) are Canadian. I agree that the Kiis are excellent speakers. My comments here must be seen against the backdrop that they are frequently touted as being speakers without a flaw, etc. If they were selling for half the price, or if they were unviersally regarded as shipwrecks, I would have emphasized what I perceive as their virtues instead.

I agree that the bass is very good for the size, but it doesn't seem perfect. I'm quite sure that one could better their bass by adding several large subwoofers and managing it through DSP and room correction. I really can't see why this should be a controversial opinion to hold. That Martin guy from Dutch & Dutch, for example, essentially said the same thing.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Here's an easy online hearing test, to determine how high up one hears:
http://www.noiseaddicts.com/2009/03/can-you-hear-this-hearing-test/

Decay has apparently kicked in. Now I can only make it to 19 khz, and only barely.

FWIW, I'm not American. My current speakers are British, and my next speakers (shipping in a couple of weeks!) are Canadian. I agree that the Kiis are excellent speakers. My comments here must be seen against the backdrop that they are frequently touted as being speakers without a flaw, etc. If they were selling for half the price, or if they were unviersally regarded as shipwrecks, I would have emphasized what I perceive as their virtues instead.

I agree that the bass is very good for the size, but it doesn't seem perfect. I'm quite sure that one could better their bass by adding several large subwoofers and managing it through DSP and room correction. I really can't see why this should be a controversial opinion to hold. That Martin guy from Dutch & Dutch, for example, essentially said the same thing.
I’m good till 17 struggling but can hear at 18, zero beyond that.

Took the test just on my iPad , I can hear some ‘noise’ on higher frequencies but it’s not the test tone.

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Of course you are entitled to your opinion and with your quasi bat/human hearing you certainly have the high frequencies covered.
But I have heard the Kii’s many times and heard them directly compared against many other speakers in the same room at the same time,and I haven’t heard anything but really well defined bass, I believe the Kii’s are exceptional speakers not as good as US speakers of course because that would be against God and nature but none the less very fine.
Keith

This seems beneath you, Keith...

Last I checked, a few months ago, at 58 my hearing rolls off over about 12 kHz or so. When I was in college it was good to about 22 kHz, verified by several audio tests, and I was a bit surprised given the number of loud bands and amount of loud music I had subjected my ears to over the years.

Top Bottom