• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Farewell my friends. Health is deteriorating - I'm fading out. (Updated - RIP)

GD Fan

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
@Xulonn enjoyed/liked Blue Oyster Cult, Don't Fear the Reaper whenever I played it so here's playback of that in memorial. I'll miss @Xulonn's straight shooting sensibility and his well written and thoughtful commentary. Don't fear the reaper my friend...
Great tip, thanks for sharing. Just fired up some BOC in tribute.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Don't know what to say. Feel like I knew him though I never met him. He was a calming influence in the early days as Amir alluded to in his post. I conversed with him about his tube amps a few times. I'm sure he enjoyed them until the end. Sounds like he had good people around him. He'll be missed.

MoreWatts

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
His 'Current Music From And About Ukraine...' thread is worthy of continued activity.

I posted there today. RIP.

Bringing this thread back to life, as a memoriam to the OP, @Xulonn . RIP.

LabelWhoAble’ is a Ukrainian record label founded in 2016 by Bogdan Gumenyuk. The label is home to both promising and widely respected jazz musicians from Ukraine and worldwide. Here’s one of their artists. The last update on their Facebook page is Oct 2022….

AllAboutJazz: “Dennis Adu was born in 1987 in Ghana. When he was 2 years old his family moved to Kryvyi Rih, Ukraine. He started playing the trumpet when he was 7, and when he turned 8 he was invited to play with the Alexander Gebel Orchestra. He has led his own bands since 2012. He’s released 2 very nice modern jazz albums...

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
I, FWIW, really like this version of this Jane Siberry song -- nondenominational "angels". ;)

Oh, and every day you gaze upon the sunset
With such love and intensity
Why it's almost as if you could only crack the code
Then you'd finally understand what this all means
Ah, but if you could, do you think you would trade it all
All the pain and suffering?
Ah, but then you'd miss the beauty of the light upon this earth
And the, and the sweetness of the leaving

[Chorus]
Calling all angels
Calling all angels
Walk me through this world
Don't leave me alone
Callin' all angels
Callin' all angels
We're tryin'
We're hopin'
But we're not sure why...

XTRProf

I had encountered many scenerios of this in my last 3 years and my tears are fully dry now. However, it still always hurt very much to know another good world brother had passed on. What more can I write now but to .........

My saddest condolence to all who know David. Another kind soul is with God now so be happy for him shall we.

Attachments

• Wreath.jpg
    Wreath.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 40

rdenney

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Too young at what, 81?…gone too soon.

We are losing the generation that made the Internet a place where people could come together instead of tearing each other apart. David was one of many—but still too few—leading us on the path of mutual understanding and respect that I have known and will miss. There was old friend Sheldon Brown on the bicycle technical newsgroups and the Hardcore Bicycle Science mail list, Klaus Bjerre on the tuba-player forums (yes, there are such things), Chuck Maddox and then only last month Dr. Roland Ranfft among watch collectors, and too many fellow photographers and GMC motorhome owners to name. These are not just hobbies for me, but communities of those with whom I initially shared an interest who then rose above mere shared interest to become valued friends. We miss them and we are indebted to them. We are called and challenged to follow the standard they created.

Rick “sad and humbled” Denney

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi

Social Networks.. Internet fora. Their promise was to bring us (humanity) closer to each other.. We often think of those networks in negative terms so much they have harmed us... but .. this is a a case where we have been closer to each other more than we think.. I felt the passing of our @Xulonn , of David. He was , for me at least far from a virtual presence. He was a person who I never met but, knew nonetheless and came to appreciate.
Thanks @Xulonn for having been with us and to invite us, to approach our eventual demise with grace , humility and strength.
R.I.P. David

Peace.

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
R.I.P.

Edit: Actually, forget peace, crank Heaven's sound system and enjoy!

Last edited:
Top Bottom