• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

(Europe) Master Deals Thread on Audio Product Sales

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You should not sleep on that offer. I got one of those for my active subwoofer and it instantly smoothed out female vocals. Adds a bit of punch to the cello though, so maybe not for everyone.
1711823034160546.gif

Basic Channel

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The swissonics are 7/8 inch cones with AMT tweeter. Wtaf. For less than 200 a pair. Or 1/3 of an audiofool power cable.

Has anyone heard them or read a reputable review?

A Scotsman is suddenly champing at the bit to upgrade his old hs5’s.

Here are some measurements from the person who tuned them:

OP
VintageFlanker

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Some relevant for us Thomann 70th anniversary deals for this month:

Genelec 8030 Black LTD

Swissonic V8 for 99€

Swissonic V7 for 89€

IK Multimedia iLoud MTM - White for 298€

Must say I am tempted by the black Gennies :D
1000029395.jpg

SPL Phonitor 2 Black, 1298€ (1749€)

Basic Channel

Here are some measurements from the person who tuned them:

Aaah I can't stop thinking about these. About 15 or the 29 tabs on my phone must be the Thomann page for these. There are not many reviews at all, certainly nothing on the level of Amir's reviews.

Based on the measurements posted there they seem flatter than my HS5. I have a subwoofer along with them so I don't miss any bass below 100hz so not sure if the additional cone size is really a good thing or not. Aaaaah!

3125b

Major Contributor
Do subwoofers ever get discounted?
Sure, Hidden Audio runs 20% off sales several times a year as do many other retailers from time to time.
Whether or not those end up being good deals depends of course, many subs especially from big audio brands are very overpriced for their actual performance.

bloodshoteyed

Major Contributor
Do subwoofers ever get discounted?
you'd have to wait for black friday or similar sales to get higher discounts than 3125b mentioned
i got lucky and found a KEF KC62 for 1099€, down from 1699€ for BF back in '22

bloodshoteyed

Major Contributor
Anthem STR Preamplifier, Silver or Black, 2490€ (4990€)

damn, it's still on sale?
and i only got a single kidney left :(

OP
VintageFlanker

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

delta76

Major Contributor
Don't know where else to rant and not thread worthy but I ordered two atmos speakers from Homecinemasolution in Dec 8th, and they were supposed to send on Dec 20th or something. 4 months later still no speaker and the date keeps slipping, like the day never comes.
It is not 100% their fault as I guess it is a supplier problem but I am disappointed. No communication, no apology (until I asked them about it).
As HCS is frequently posted here (I myself did post some of their deals I think), just want to rant a bit. They seem to be highly rated and nice enough, so my incident was probably one unlucky event...

OP
VintageFlanker

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
As HCS is frequently posted here (I myself did post some of their deals I think), just want to rant a bit. They seem to be highly rated and nice enough, so my incident was probably one unlucky event...
Been a customer for about a decade and encountered zero issues so far. But I somehow agree about their "passivity"... Do not hesitate to politely remind them that the order is paid and they have to deliver it... and that they still have to inform you about the real reasons for this kind of delay. In any case, you will have no problem to promptly get a refund.

Gambertuni

Forum Donor
Top Bottom