• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Ask me questions.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
John probably has a lot of work to do.
The last commentary myself and John exchanged was related to ensuring he does not over work himself and get burned out. So yeah he is probably very busy. :D The last designing electronic engineer that I worked with was so busy with designing he was not taking lunch and was working extra hours. It's a big responsibility.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The last commentary myself and John exchanged was related to ensuring he does not over work himself and get burned out. So yeah he is probably very busy. :D The last designing electronic engineer that I worked with was so busy with designing he was not taking lunch and was working extra hours. It's a big responsibility.
I think what you are describing is a problem many (and any) professionals face: by over-committing but with all good intentions.
I've seen many older engineers (of all denominations) lurk the hallways of companies late into the evenings.
There is over-commitment to your work and then there is the same to the company... that's when the burn-out starts.
That is a fight (means/ends) that some never come to terms with... until too late.:(
...imo...ymmv...

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I think what you are describing is a problem many (and any) professionals face: by over-committing but with all good intentions.
I've seen many older engineers (of all denominations) lurk the hallways of companies late into the evenings.
There is over-commitment to your work and then there is the same to the company... that's when the burn-out starts.
That is a fight (means/ends) that some never come to terms with... until too late.:(
...imo...ymmv...
Burnout, depression and social isolation all can add up to one nasty mental illness that takes several years or more to get over. Myself I went 11 years without a holiday, worked 72 to 74 hours a week for 2 of those years and at the end I was a wreck. It's not worth the illness that results. I strongly recommend taking breaks, lunch breaks and holidays.

pablolie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Here is a question:

I look at the slew of Topping products and they measure great.

But if I want to have a DAC that supports a subwoofer output, where is the one that can divide stuff below and above 80Hz? The power amp we know.

MaxwellsEq

Major Contributor
Here is a question:

I look at the slew of Topping products and they measure great.

But if I want to have a DAC that supports a subwoofer output, where is the one that can divide stuff below and above 80Hz? The power amp we know.
A DAC can't do that, since its job is to convert 100% of the bits into 100% of the analogue. Splitting stuff up by frequency requires DSP or analogue filters at lime level.

CrustyToad

Forum Donor
Burnout, depression and social isolation all can add up to one nasty mental illness that takes several years or more to get over. Myself I went 11 years without a holiday, worked 72 to 74 hours a week for 2 of those years and at the end I was a wreck. It's not worth the illness that results. I strongly recommend taking breaks, lunch breaks and holidays.
Very recognizable and a sign of the times

This book is quite nice reflecting on the widespread nature of the phenomenon

Anthony T

Everything was going well and he was available, they started having reliability problems (and appalling customer relations) and he disappeared, more than once and reappeared on product launches only to go quiet. Now you may speculate about what he is up to and reasons why he starts a “Ask Me Anything“ thread and promptly disappears again but imo Topping are not worth the risk any more (excluding their flagship product) because it’s all just too hit and miss.
The excuses for his dereliction of this thread are exactly the same ones used by boutique brand fanbois to protect the image and standing of their latest “big thing” and it’s no more convincing than the excuses offered up here with no evidence of a mental health issue or being burnt out, you should all hear yourselfs…

dartinbout

Everything was going well and he was available, they started having reliability problems (and appalling customer relations) and he disappeared, more than once and reappeared on product launches only to go quiet. Now you may speculate about what he is up to and reasons why he starts a “Ask Me Anything“ thread and promptly disappears again but imo Topping are not worth the risk any more (excluding their flagship product) because it’s all just too hit and miss.
The excuses for his dereliction of this thread are exactly the same ones used by boutique brand fanbois to protect the image and standing of their latest “big thing” and it’s no more convincing than the excuses offered up here with no evidence of a mental health issue or being burnt out, you should all hear yourselfs…
What an elaborate "soap-opera" you're imagining! Is there mustache twirling? A damsel in distress? Are their virtual "ears
tied to a railroad track? If he doesn't responds to any of your nonsense will you challenge him to a duel? I hear the sound of your chartreuse, size 5, crocs stomping around your room, just before your hurl "yourselfs" onto your Speed Racer bed.

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Frankly, am pleased to accept whatever time a vendor is willing to torture themselves here.;)

Notably, if they engage productively, can be most beneficial. May be @JohnYang1997 overcommitted or whatever. His thread title may lean in too much imo and perhaps could use some tweaking, but at least offers to help.

Thanks for the effort John! It is a lot more than many others offer and wish you continued success. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom