• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Ask me questions.

unravel8628

D50III
D90III
PEQ function will be added
Thanks for your information

I really hope topping develop a streamer including ethernet input, earc, dsp...etc and build
in hs02 usb digital output to compatible with topping high performance DAC.
They're making extraordinary performance dac but lacking streaming functions.

Last edited:

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I really hope topping develop a steamer
Hopefully not this one :p

Titanic-survivors-lifeboats-May-15-1912.jpg

192kbps

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Thanks for your information

I really hope topping develop a streamer including ethernet input, earc, dsp...etc and build
in hs02 usb digital output to compatible with topping high performance DAC.
They're making extraordinary performance dac but lacking streaming functions.

Everything is built on capabilities, and if they have talent in this area, I believe they will deploy faster than they do now.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I have this giant big code-phobia when it comes to audio. I prefer not to have the latter embedded with the former.:oops:
My Sensei Ma tells me that there is no such thing as brand-loyalty because a brand could be here there today but gone tomorrow!:confused:
So, I usually buy from Ma-and-company for today and definitely NOT for tomorrow....

Don't make me laugh, if you expect customer service today and/or firmware upgrades tomorrow.
MIA of this OP may just be enough proof for my obtuse caveat emptor.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I have this giant big code-phobia when it comes to audio. I prefer not to have the latter embedded with the former.
Good luck with *that* quest if you need SOTA audio. :)

xrqp

Forum Donor
DM7 was sold quite poorly
Sorry to hear this. I think it is because it would require a massive educational effort, for masses of people to understand how to use it, and that it exists. I am more technical than most of the general population, and it took me a long long time to figure out what system to create recently, which includes DM7. The balanced-only outputs may be a holdback for many of the few who know how to use it.

The DM7 review page here, shows many people don't even know that a single USB line can carry 8 channels. It took me a long time to realize that. And that is just a small part of what one needs to know to use DM7. It would be nice to hear in 2025 if sales numbers get better or not. It is very generous of you to start this thread, and to have provided so much help on many threads. Thanks.

Last edited:

JEntwistle

Forum Donor
Hi John,

Are there plans to bring back the 30 and 50 series DACs? Or has there been a change in how the lineup will be organized? It looks like the DX3 / DX 5 are the only products in those lines.

The D30Pro was much much loved here!

JEntwistle

Forum Donor
Another question for you.

Topping has a lot of products, and it sometimes seems like a newer, lower-range product outperforms a higher-range product in some areas.
For example, the A30Pro seems to be competitive with, if not better than, the A50 amp, depending on what features you value most; and the A30Pro is priced higher.

How is product development planned? e.g.:
- Is there a defined roadmap for each product line (let's say 1 / 3 / 5/ 7/ 9) or do the engineers come up with new ideas first, and then it is decided which product line is appropriate?
- How big a role does price/cost play in where a product fits in the range vs. features?
- When a lower-range product is introduced with a significant, new advance, how and when are the higher-range products planned to be upgraded with the new advance (if even possible for that topography?)

As another example, per my earlier question, are the 3- and 5- series DACs moving to only integrated DAC/amps (DX3, DX5)? Or are we just waiting for new versions or the D30 and D50?

steve59

Major Contributor
Hi John, what's your speciality?

BR52

Addicted to Fun and Learning
It seems the OP has not been here for a few months. So no dialogue is possible, only a monologue. Questions without answers would be a better title. I guess. I understand a little why it happens. Because it starts constructively, after a while the thread was more and more drifting into a complain box. It's my personal impression.:(

Eldus

John probably has a lot of work to do.

Top Bottom