• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

your RME ADI-2 DAC FS drops one channel selectively?

skyfly

I am testing my newly bought RME ADI-2 DAC FS. It shows "C" next to the serial number (ESS dac chip inside). There is a serious problem that might make me return this DAC.

I already downloaded and ran the software installations (firmware and driver) from the RME web site.

The DAC selectively (not for all tracks, only for some tracks) drops the right channel completely.

For example, it completely mutes the right channel of each of the harmonic distortion tracks ripped from Pierre Verany CD. Those tracks contain 0dbFS sinusoidal tones on both right and left channels.
The right channel shows UFL on the RME DAC's display, and there is no output.

With the same computer (I tried both my mac mini and my Windows 10 laptop) and the same USB cable, other DACs (Focusrite, Topping) do not drop the right channel.

Deemic

Ramses is a Mod on the RME User Forum and is extremely quick responding to questions. Otherwise there are a lot of good people on that forum that will help however they can.
RME has a fantastic reputation for producing rock solid stable products.

Top Bottom