• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

XLR > XLR hard connector bridges? SMSL SU-9 & SH-9?!

Dougey_Jones

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Hi Everyone,

I'm having a surprisingly hard time finding information on this.. I've seen pictures of people with XLR bridge connectors that link your DAC to HPA in a traditional "stack" but can't find any for sale, and definitely not specifically for my SU-9/SH-9 stack.. If anybody knows what I'm talking about, and thinks you know one that might work with my stack, please link me up!

Using a 1ft XLR cable pair seems.. Sub-optimal.

OP
Dougey_Jones

Dougey_Jones

Forum Donor
Hey Kal, I’m a long time reader and fan, thanks for replying.

My rationale is more that a short run of XLRs will require a tight turnaround, and possibly cause the cables to bump my stack up in the back.

And yes, also aesthetics.

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
OK. I'd just put a weight on the stack if necessary.

maxxevv

Major Contributor
Hey Kal, I’m a long time reader and fan, thanks for replying.

My rationale is more that a short run of XLRs will require a tight turnaround, and possibly cause the cables to bump my stack up in the back.

And yes, also aesthetics.

There are probably a few options out there.

- use of cables with right angled XLR connectors. They will keep your connectors from pushing out too far to the back.

- use of XLR connectors mounted on litz braided cables. They are a lot more flexible than the typical shielded cords.

They have their drawbacks too but I shall not delve into that.

Artaois

Hi Everyone,

I'm having a surprisingly hard time finding information on this.. I've seen pictures of people with XLR bridge connectors that link your DAC to HPA in a traditional "stack" but can't find any for sale, and definitely not specifically for my SU-9/SH-9 stack.. If anybody knows what I'm talking about, and thinks you know one that might work with my stack, please link me up!

Using a 1ft XLR cable pair seems.. Sub-optimal.
I believe you're looking for something like this but for your models.

https://snakeoilsound.com/products/...or-schiit-modius-magnius-free-shipping-to-usa

OP
Dougey_Jones

Dougey_Jones

Forum Donor

jmillar

Why? Anything other than aesthetics?
Well, it IS quite messy if in a visible location. The wood "bridges" are pretty slick solution. No spouse would object to that. Some of the modern chinese dacs and headphone amps are so light that the "tail" wags the "dog". The thingies may end up all over the place, even on the floor. The 90 degree angled connectors are a great idea. When you add the pull of a chunky headhone cord everything goes off kilter very quickly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom