• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

xDuoo MU-604 and MU-605 balanced dac/receiver

TonyJZX

Major Contributor

i came about these while i was surfing nonsense at a client's site

i am puzzled as to why these units actually exist and who is their target audience

FIRSTLY both devices do not have remotes or vol. control so they will rely on your int. amp to control vol.

the MU604 is a balanced dac w/ ESS 9018... that's it... if you're happy with the omissions, go for it

the MU605 is even more weird... its a BT receiver that has Qualcomm and LDAC... it too uses the ESS 9018 but its claim to fame is that it has XLR out and AES/EBU out to pass to a ext. dac... but why would you go to this trouble for lossy BT and LDAC??? there's no digital input

further there's no headphone out but xduoo will happily sell you a headphone amp AND a tube preamp or a tube digital amp

i am told capitalism is the best way to organise capital into useful products but their govt. centrally planned hyper capitalism surely is bringing heaps of products that i cannot understand who they are designed for

cmabooty

It's a way to get bluetooth audio into your system if you don't currently have that functionality.

It's not meant to be a preamp or headphone amp. Think of it like the component CD players of old, very few of them had volume controls, and many didn't have headphone outs because they were meant to go into a preamp that already had those things. There are tons of cheap 'bluetooth stereo adapters' on amazon, that are just a disc-shaped object with an antenna and RCA-outs.

My dad bought one of these (not this one, a generic BT adapter) so he could send audio into his stereo system from his phone. His speakers are out by the pool, so it's perfect for sitting outside and controlling music while his receiver is inside. Bluetooth passes through the wall, an IR-based remote would not.

Top Bottom