• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Withdrawn

Certainkindoffool

Forum Donor

Thanks for the heads up. Having auditioned them, I would have bet that the bass extension was better than those measurements indicate. They were very impressive in person. That being said, I ended up purchasing Revel F208s for well under half what I would have spent on the Contour 60s, and I am very happy.

I do wish that all 'good' manufacturers would post high resolution measurements of thier speakers though. They would be very usefull for applying dsp to the upper frequency range.

Thanks for the heads up. Having auditioned them, I would have bet that the bass extension was better than those measurements indicate. They were very impressive in person. That being said, I ended up purchasing Revel F208s for well under half what I would have spent on the Contour 60s, and I am very happy.

I do wish that all 'good' manufacturers would post high resolution measurements of thier speakers though. They would be very usefull for applying dsp to the upper frequency range.

I was torn between the Studio2’s and Contour 60s.... went with the 60s for a similar reason; just can’t turn down $10k speakers for a fraction of the cost.

Certainkindoffool

Forum Donor
I was torn between the Studio2’s and Contour 60s.... went with the 60s for a similar reason; just can’t turn down $10k speakers for a fraction of the cost.

In my case, I had the chance to buy used Salon 2's for the same price as a demo pair of Contour 60's(+ a 3 day round trip that involved picking up some equipment for my business). By then I was a bit put off by Dynaudio not publishing proper measurements for the Contours. Unfortunately, I took a little too long making my travel plans and the business equipment sold. In retrospect, I'm glad, as the contracts the new equipment were for were cancelled due to the covid19 outbreak. The research on the Salon 2's led me to the F208's though.

In my case, I had the chance to buy used Salon 2's for the same price as a demo pair of Contour 60's(+ a 3 day round trip that involved picking up some equipment for my business). By then I was a bit put off by Dynaudio not publishing proper measurements for the Contours. Unfortunately, I took a little too long making my travel plans and the business equipment sold. In retrospect, I'm glad, as the contracts the new equipment were for were cancelled due to the covid19 outbreak. The research on the Salon 2's led me to the F208's though.

Yea the measurements of the F208s is incredible for a speaker that price. If I found a deal for those would have pulled the trigger; best I saw was $4k which was almost there for the 60s.

Top Bottom