• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Where do you go to buy cheap music cds?

blse59

Where is the best place to buy cheap music cds these days? I'm looking to build up a collection again. The two I've found are ebay and thrift stores. Just wondering if there are other good sources I don't know about.

AudiOhm

SteveC

I live in Indianapolis. Best prices everyday are at Half Price Books. The Indy Library has sales every other month that includes donated CDs as well as CDs pulled from circulation. Price? 25 cents each!

OP
B

blse59

I live in Indianapolis. Best prices everyday are at Half Price Books. The Indy Library has sales every other month that includes donated CDs as well as CDs pulled from circulation. Price? 25 cents each!
Ahh yes I gotta check the library and see if they sell any of their used cds.

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Mercari, Posh, Facebook marketplace, craigslist, also Reddit has groups for it.

Joe Smith

Major Contributor
Most record stores have nice/selected CD sections that usually have better stuff than thrifts, for sure. In Des Moines, even curated pre-rec cassettes, of late!

I always look in thrift stores on the road for classical and jazz CDs. Occasional gems in some regions/cities. Did a Western trip last year (Denver, Flagstaff) where I got some wonderful classical CDs, I'm very picky anymore. The hardest part about thrift stores is trying to read the damn titles when on vertical shelving!

I usually don't buy much vinyl on trips because of car heat, unless it's the last day and we'll be air conditioned all the way home...

Mart68

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I bought about a dozen the other day from the local second-hand record shop. Mostly original releases with the high DR

Bloke who owns the shop says I am the only one buying them, all his other punters are only interested in vinyl.

I go in and clean them out, then wait six months or so to let the stock build up again.

isostasy

I sometimes find CDs cheaper on Discogs than eBay, and sellers there often have combined postage so if I'm buying 1 thing I'll look through the sellers catalogue and add a few more.

Thrift is cheapest though.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Amazon, and Discogs for rare stuff.

Top Bottom