• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Where can I download good quality music for free?

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I am expensed from my credit card $13.64 each month for the YouTube Premium Account experience. No ads at all, fast downloads, better video quality and it's good at both my cel tel and my desktop PCs. I tried going with ads again and it was reallly annoying. :D

Yes, I find the premium subscription the best way to enjoy youtube, particularly any music. Never thought of downloading from youtube (i.e. in terms of downloading some sort of file onto a drive I can use at will), though.....is it a video or just audio you download or is it rather just streaming?

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, I find the premium subscription the best way to enjoy youtube, particularly any music. Never thought of downloading from youtube (i.e. in terms of downloading some sort of file onto a drive I can use at will), though.....is it a video or just audio you download or is it rather just streaming?
I used ytmp3.cc but that website is gone. I don't need to download MP3 or 4 for use. I have Premium on my cel tel too and so I am setup well both when mobile as when at home on the desk-topper.

napfkuchen

Thank you. Less than I am paying Qobuz, for sure!
Or use Youtube Family, which is about 40% more expensive (23,99 Euro here). Worth it though in my opinion for having an ad-free experience on mobile phones and tablets (without hassle) for several people. At work all other streaming platforms are blocked for me and there is no option to install browser-plugins, so Youtube Premium is the only choice. Also youtube (besides Spotify) recommendations are really helpful if you use it frequently. There are lots of channels dedicated to niche music genres, stuff you won't ever hear on the radio or find on a physical media.
A friend of mine has a really large, ever-expanding music library (well over a thousand CDs and LPs). He rented two storage rooms because he was running out of space ... That's not an option for me apart from the enormous costs of building such a collection. Just the idea of having to buy all the albums I've already listened to THIS YEAR... a pretty expensive idea. :) By the way, the “rental” vs. purchase argument is not one, because apart from a few exceptions, buying music albums is definitely not a good investment from a financial perspective.

Last edited:

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I’d encourage OP to please pay musicians for their contributions.
Like listening to radio, isn't support for the artists more in buying recordings from them or attending live shows? Still how I approach it, don't use streaming as a personal library.

ivayvr

I am expensed from my credit card $13.64 each month for the YouTube Premium Account experience. No ads at all, fast downloads, better video quality and it's good at both my cel tel and my desktop PCs. I tried going with ads again and it was reallly annoying. :D
And for us in Canada, that is like 8.50 USD (the way things are going)!

Soria Moria

What other reasons streaming sucks for?
Well no one likes monthly payments. Small library to select from and there are tons of albums I love that they do not have. You're also limited in the mastering. Usually they only have the most recent one and if you listen to old(er) music there is almost always a better older master out there which cannot be found on streaming.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Well no one likes monthly payments. Small library to select from and there are tons of albums I love that they do not have. You're also limited in the mastering. Usually they only have the most recent one and if you listen to old(er) music there is almost always a better older master out there which cannot be found on streaming.
Small library? Whut?

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Your mileage may vary of course but for the music I like it is far too small and limited.
You must have an incredible library of owned discs/vinyls to make most streaming services too small and limitied....mostly my conclusion is you are far more limited in any case.

Top Bottom