• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What dongle DAC for Pixel 6/Pro hi-res streaming?

sr.plata

After Google apparently fixed Pixel 6/Pro USB DAC issues with the June update, what dongle DACs have people been using to successfully stream 24bit/96kHz or higher on these phones? I've been using the Apple dongle but looking for one with better sound quality that's able to stream directly from Tidal or Qobuz

threni

Major Contributor
After Google apparently fixed Pixel 6/Pro USB DAC issues with the June update, what dongle DACs have people been using to successfully stream 24bit/96kHz or higher on these phones? I've been using the Apple dongle but looking for one with better sound quality that's able to stream directly from Tidal or Qobuz
Well, the USB problems are fixed, but I'm not sure there's a dongle with audibly better sound quality. Not even if you use hires audio! Note that if you want hires you're going to have to use an app like UAPP which can bypass Android's resampling everything to 48khz anyway.

Last edited:
OP
S

sr.plata

I'm with you the Apple dongle sounds pretty good. I'm currently using Apple Music which won't do better than redbook on Android anyway AFAIK. Was hoping Qobuz or Tidal on P6/Pro could use USB exclusive mode to stream on a dongle like the Hidizs S3 Pro

poxymoron

I'm using the Helm Bolt on my Samsung with USB Audio Player Pro and it's excellent.

OP
S

sr.plata

Will take a look at the Bolt. My problem is I'm running GrapheneOS on my P6 Pro with no Google user account, so no way to pay for/use USB Audio Player Pro AFAIK. Qobuz does run though and I *think* I read that newer versions of the app can do USB exclusive mode, so I'm hoping to use it

OP
S

sr.plata

Reporting back... I pulled the trigger and bought a Hidizs S3 Pro. Works and sounds great. Blue LED lights up for streaming 24bit/96kHz tracks directly through the Qobuz app. I'm not using Universal Audio Player Pro so apparently Qobuz app can stream in USB exclusive mode. This is on Pixel 6 Pro with GrapheneOS

Top Bottom