• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Well, I'm not desperate, nor am I a "dealer"... but I have a good bit of Ferrotec Ferrofluid at hand, which I am parcelling out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewdrouin

Well, I'm not "desperate", nor am I "a dealer"... but I have a good bit of Ferrotec Ferrofluid at hand, which I am parcelling out... Here's the deal; and this is likely of more use to Canadians who read this forum, and who rebuild their vintage kit ~ specifically, their loudspeaker tweeters. In America, ferrofluid seems to be easy to access. In Canada, it's "as rare as hen's teeth" as my granny would say...

In a nutshell; I needed some ferrofluid in order to rebuild some KEF T33 tweeters, and got P.O.'d that I couldn't purchase ferrofluid anywhere in Canada. I figured that if I was having this problem ~ and I'm pretty damned good at researching stuff, having been an IT Tech' for 29 years now - then other Canucks would be frustrated at the lack of Canadian accessible ferro' as well. Sure enough, forum posts from ticked' off Canadians in search of ferrofluid bore this out.

So I contacted Ferrotec in the States' and bought a decent sized bottle of the stuff ($350!) used what I needed, and have made the balance of the bottle available to anyone who wants it. I'll send anyone who wants Ferrotec ferrofluid as many syringes, each containing .500ul of ferro' as they want, for $25 (CAD) per syringe. That quantity of ferrofluid is more than enough to refill any pair of 1" or 1.5" tweeters. The viscosity of this ferro' is tweeter-specific.

Let me know if you need some of this 'vunderfluid' and I'll get you some.

Andrew

Bottle of Ferrofluid.JPG

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I'll send anyone who wants Ferrotec ferrofluid as many syringes, each containing .500ul of ferro' as they want, for $25 (CAD) per syringe.

Math check:

$25 / 0.5ul values the whole 100cc bottle at $5,000,000

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
Well, I'm not "desperate", nor am I "a dealer"... but I have a good bit of Ferrotec Ferrofluid at hand, which I am parcelling out... Here's the deal; and this is likely of more use to Canadians who read this forum, and who rebuild their vintage kit ~ specifically, their loudspeaker tweeters. In America, ferrofluid seems to be easy to access. In Canada, it's "as rare as hen's teeth" as my granny would say...

In a nutshell; I needed some ferrofluid in order to rebuild some KEF T33 tweeters, and got P.O.'d that I couldn't purchase ferrofluid anywhere in Canada. I figured that if I was having this problem ~ and I'm pretty damned good at researching stuff, having been an IT Tech' for 29 years now - then other Canucks would be frustrated at the lack of Canadian accessible ferro' as well. Sure enough, forum posts from ticked' off Canadians in search of ferrofluid bore this out.

So I contacted Ferrotec in the States' and bought a decent sized bottle of the stuff ($350!) used what I needed, and have made the balance of the bottle available to anyone who wants it. I'll send anyone who wants Ferrotec ferrofluid as many syringes, each containing .500ul of ferro' as they want, for $25 (CAD) per syringe. That quantity of ferrofluid is more than enough to refill any pair of 1" or 1.5" tweeters. The viscosity of this ferro' is tweeter-specific.

Let me know if you need some of this 'vunderfluid' and I'll get you some.

Andrew

View attachment 343307
Not to contradict your statement about you not being a Dealer. Please explain why you said something contrary in a previous post (linked below). Feel free to start a private conversation with any of the staff it you would rather hash this out in private. ;)

Quote:
“I operate a small Ferrotec brand ferrofluid distribution Co. in Canada”

Post in thread 'Magnetic oil in Tweeters is it still relevant ?'
https://audiosciencereview.com/foru...eters-is-it-still-relevant.48834/post-1827502

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom