• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

USB OUTPUT CONNECTION AURALIC ALTAIR X USB INPUT RME ADI 2DAC FS

Audiogil

I can't get sound when connecting my Auralic Altair streamer via USB to my brand new RME ADI 2DAC FS dedicated DAC.I need help, cause I’m only an audiophile and not an audio professional.
The RME Instructions Manual is not so friendly written like it should be.
If anyone could help me with the steps or know about any incompatibility of models.

Regards
Audiogil

hotbullet

I guess u will use rme as digital to analog? How did u conect both of them?

OP
A

Audiogil

I guess u will use rme as digital to analog? How did u conect both of them?
I connected via USB from Auralic Aries output to RME Input.
I want to use Auralic Altair as Streamer and RME as DAC.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Does AURALiC not have a support forum, or at least email support? I wouldn't buy a product that doesn't offer support, personally...

Edit: Yep, they do: https://community.auralic.com/t/aries-g2-can-not-detect-my-dac-with-the-dac-usb-output/1205/3

I like this support person- highlighting mine:

"The ARIES G2’s ‘DAC’ USB output has galvanic isolation inside and it is very sensitive to a couple of things. Here is what you need to do to get it work.

1, This port no longer support hot plug, you always need to power off the unit (turn off completely by the switch on the back of the unit) before plug any USB cable. It you plug a USB cable after the device is powered up, the DAC simply wont show up. It is also suggested to switch on the USB DAC before switch on ARIES G2 as I have seen a couple of DAC that wont show up if they were powered on after ARIES G2.

2, The port is sensitive to USB cable quality, sometimes a USB print cable actually work but some fancy ones just wont work (those cables may not fully compliant to USB standard)."

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
No such thing as a stupid question in a situation like this so I will ask @Audiogil , you have selected USB as the input on the RME havent you?

And I would follow the advice in the Auralic support linked above- power everything down, then connect the DAC, switch the DAC on , then the streamer. Use bog standard USB cables. Good luck.

OP
A

Audiogil

hotbullet, staticV3, Ralph_Cramden,Jimbob54,

I thank you very much, but I solved the matter asking to Auralic Suport.
The USB output needed to be open for connect to a DAC through Lightning DS,
the Auralic program.
RME ADi 2DAC FS is simply WONDERFUL device.

Schlaudi

Top Bottom