• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Unintended experiment tonight..

Scrappy

Well we’re into November, but I still want to sit on my deck and enjoy brews ‘n tunes. 41degF here, so I grabbed a lil electric heater I have. Now my outdoor rig is a Carver amp and a Dayton outdoor speaker, 8+1 with passive radiator on back (mono sum from source). So I set the heater between me and the speaker. 2nd story deck, fewer leaves, plenty breezy here.

It’s wild to hear high frequencies shift around as the wind pushes the hot air. Speaker is ~4 foot from me, and it’s very noticeable. Good fun. Joe Tex and double bock are good as ever. I should find where I put pants..... hahah!

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
We had about I'm guessing 35 or 40 fireplace fires in the backyard last year. Lots of beer and flower there. We trimmed and chopped down the trees and then burned every bit of it. Right now it's -17C with 13 km/h wind and so I won't be lounging by the outdoor fireplace.

OP
S

Scrappy

We had about I'm guessing 35 or 40 fireplace fires in the backyard last year. Lots of beer and flower there. We trimmed and chopped down the trees and then burned every bit of it. Right now it's -17C with 13 km/h wind and so I won't be lounging by the outdoor fireplace.
Niiice. I go easy on even mild flower these days... ha! Cut and burnt unseasoned? Does produce humidity ha. That sounds real chilly

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Niiice. I go easy on even mild flower these days...
I've been smoking blond or black but mostly blond steam processed hash for months because the flower was making me cough too much. Hash is much cleaner burning... anddd. I bought MoonRocks the other day. Some sort of high end flower soaked in honey oil then dip them in kief till they become a big fat sticky mess of 45% THC blueberry flavored stuff. It smells up the entire room with blueberry smell and when burned smells even more like blueberries. Blueberry MoonRocks.... lol. :D

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
That sounds real chilly
I bought 2 new jackets for winter because I gained weight. Down filled stuff with down filled hoodies too. I'm good down to maybe -30C and then I'll need snow pants, bigger boots and long sleeved wicking layer.

Top Bottom