• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Budget Dac between US$200 to 250

airsky

My first DAC/Headphone Amp was Topping E30II and upgraded to DX3 pro plus. Both are too bright and analytical to me.

I don,t use headphone and via RCA connection to the classis COPland CSA Intergrated Amp and a pair of monitor audio floor standard.

I was looking at the FIIO K7 truly balance headphone amp 4.4mm pentagon line out unbalanced but SMSL C200 line out TRS balance with
a single Ess 9038chip but DO100 with 2 ESS. In dilemma which one is suitable for me but came across DO100 forum popping and cracking
noise issue.

Any inputs is very much appreciated and cheers.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

b7676

No satisfactory budget-balanced full featured dacs priced between the D10b and the 300$ sale price E70.

smokey_mountain_asr

Forum Donor
JDS Labs offer great DACs for your budget with Balanced option. I am very sensitive to "cold" sound, JDS Labs from the days of $50 DACs not once were deemed as bright or cold, they are neutral to my ears. I absolutely not trying to start another thread about all DAC sounds the same, just sharing my opinion. It is not the DAC chip but rather implementation what changes the sound of the DAC. Full disclosure my speakers are ruler-flat made by Philharmonic Audio and when I change DACs I hear different signature. Perhaps, this is how they mate to my amp.

peterwen

Audio Company

Top Bottom