• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Testing Playground | Kids Area | Learning Zone

OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
ef89b419600815.562dd24b30e1f.gif

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Scratching_Records.gif

OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Last edited:
OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Test only:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
runtime.js:116 [trace] f,u,n,n,y, ,c,a,t, ,v,i,d,e,o,s
http://images4.static-bluray.com/movies/covers/123109_front.jpg Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
a.rfihub.com/ca.html?rb=383&ca=2039&ud=score%3A%2Czip%3A%2Cage%3A%2Cgender%3A:1 Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token <
1603577-what-last-high-definition-picture-high-resolution-audio-movie-you-watched-8.html:10841 Uncaught ReferenceError: NREUMQ is not defined
ebStdBanner.js:161 Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user's experience. For more help, check https://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/.
runtime.js:116 [trace] _level0.learn_more.arrow

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
123109_front.jpg

OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Last edited:
OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor

PaulyT

OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Thanks a bunch Paul; I am in communication right now with the blu-ray.com site developer, as I did some research and was advised to let the site know about this situation. If interested here's the latest on this: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=277277

I am trying to get it fixed because for ten years or so never any issue, and suddenly roughly two weeks ago front cover pictures of Blu-ray movies I watched over the years were vanishing...@ about 50%. And not just on my side, but also from other people using the front picture covers from blu-ray.com

I spent a considerable amount of time restoring a bunch, but there are many many more and it is taking way too much time. This shouldn't have happened. I'm sure a solution, an unblock is in its way. It's quite amazing because this is very good promotion/publicity for amazon, in financial terms, and for all their BR movie customers. And blu-ray.com and amazon are working with each other. So why would they block the BR front picture covers???

Amazon Canada is generally (95%) way more expensive for the BR movies than amazon USA.
But that don't matter; USA has ten times more volume than Canada, if not hundred times more. So it is totally normal that we pay much more in Canada that our brothers and sisters south of the border. And not just on BR movies; on everything...cell phones, Internet, computers, tablets, cars, gas, taxes, food, TVs, BR players, receivers, hi-end audio electronics, speakers, cruise ships, music ticket concerts, lumber, hardware, software, ... everything.

Anyhow, the pictures missing are from all over, mainly Canada, but also several from USA (amazon) and even from Europe, UK, France, Japan, ... All amazon stores from all world regions.

Yeah, there must be some confusion here; I'm sure that soon "they" realized their unfounded suspicion//mistake//misunderstanding//deviation from reality, that all pictures would be restored. It shouldn't even have happened in the first place.

Anyway thanks Paul; now I know for sure that it affects everyone, and was not just me.

Last edited:
OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
HDMI version 1.0 | 1.1 | 1.2 - 1.2a | 1.3 - 1.3a - 1.3b - 1.3b1 - 1.3c | 1.4 - 1.4a - 1.4b | 2.0 - 2.0a | 2.1
--------------------1----2-------3-----------------------4---------------------------5----------------6---------7

sRGB Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
YCbCr 4:2:2/4:4:4 Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
8 channel LPCM, 192 kHz, 24-bit audio capability Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD video and audio at full resolution[a] Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
Consumer Electronic Control (CEC)https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI#cite_note-123 Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
DVD-Audio No Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
Super Audio CD (DSD)[c] No No Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
Deep color No No No Yes Yes Yes Yes
xvYCC No No No Yes Yes Yes Yes
Auto lip-sync No No No Yes Yes Yes Yes
Dolby TrueHD bitstream capable No No No Yes Yes Yes Yes
DTS-HD Master Audio bitstream capable No No No Yes Yes Yes Yes
Updated list of CEC commands[d] No No No Yes Yes Yes Yes
3D over HDMI[98] No No No No Yes Yes Yes
Ethernet channel No No No No Yes Yes Yes
Audio return channel (ARC) No No No No Yes Yes Yes
1920×1080 resolution at 120 Hz No No No No Yes Yes Yes