• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

TAS $100K or more amps

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor

firedog

In any case, that stuff is being bought through a distributor/dealer network. Two- three 100% markups before the end consumer buys it.
Possibly 85% of the retail price is markups, and possibly as much as 70% of that final retail price is due to fancy cosmetics - knobs and case.
Little of the price has anything to do with sound quality and actual sound reproduction.

maxxevv

Major Contributor
For that price range it is the physical weight that matters the most. The more "massive" the better.
May I sell them Purifi monoblock amps encased in 500 pounds of polished Italian marble for "just" $88k each ? :cool::p;)

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

If only they'd send some of these to Amir for Klippel testing.

Looks like using price as a guide you could put together an acceptable total (though hair shirted) stereo system for maybe $1 million. Well I have to live within my means, which means I'm not getting any of the amps or speakers on these lists. Couldn't even manage it if I wanted to return to the purity of mono listening. Like say one MBL, one amp and do all my own recordings with one good omni condenser microphone.

jensgk

Forum Donor
From that page:

Audionet Heisenberg​

$105,000/pr.​

The massive (145-pound), powerful (530W into 8 ohms, 1050W into 4 ohms, 2100W into 2 ohms), solid-state Audionet Heisenberg monoblock is a beast.
Rather unfortunate name by the way. Make me think of this: Heisenbug

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
From that page:

Rather unfortunate name by the way. Make me think of this: Heisenbug

I went straight to Walter...but then I was uncertain.

giphy (1).gif

OP
57gold

57gold

Thought Heisenberg was the alias of the Breaking Bad character that brewed up meth as a part time job. You got it!

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I would bet they don't.
Of those listed AFAIK only Boulder are excellent measuring amplifiers. D'Agostino and VAC tubes probably the worst. And CH Precision more or less depending on how much feedback the user adds. Soulution and Constellation good or very good, I would guess, based on other models from the same manufacturers.

Top Bottom