• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Survey for Master Thesis: wireless earphones

rubs111

Hi everyone,

For my graduation thesis, I aim to develop a concept for a semi-personalised wireless earphone.

In our modern lives, we love to surround ourselves with music for multiple reasons. Whether it is for dancing, concentrating or dreaming away in your favourite songs, we probably cannot imagine a world in which we do not have access to our favourite songs. To listen to our songs wireless earphones are becoming increasingly popular.

With this link, I would like to invite you to take part in an anonymous questionnaire (of roughly 10 min) about wireless earphones / in-ear monitors. The aim of this questionnaire is to get an overview of how wireless earphones are currently used and how familiar the public is with personalised products.

https://tudelft.fra1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_4VNIVL2GWSUqUoC

Thanks in advance for your time and feel free to share it with others!

Gunnaralvar

It feels like wireless earphones have become an essential these days, but finding that perfect balance of sound quality, comfort, and battery life can be a real minefield!

Gunnaralvar

It feels like wireless earphones have become an essential these days, but finding that perfect balance of sound quality, comfort, and battery life can be a real minefield!
This survey for a master's thesis on wireless earphones sounds really interesting – understanding what makes the ideal pair for people could be a game-changer. Asklayer, what are your must-have features in wireless earphones? For me, it's all about sound that's crisp and clear, but comfortable enough to wear for extended listening sessions. Maybe there's a hidden gem out there that ticks all the boxes that we haven't discovered yet! Looking forward to seeing the results of this survey.

Talisman

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Hi everyone,

For my graduation thesis, I aim to develop a concept for a semi-personalised wireless earphone.

In our modern lives, we love to surround ourselves with music for multiple reasons. Whether it is for dancing, concentrating or dreaming away in your favourite songs, we probably cannot imagine a world in which we do not have access to our favourite songs. To listen to our songs wireless earphones are becoming increasingly popular.

With this link, I would like to invite you to take part in an anonymous questionnaire (of roughly 10 min) about wireless earphones / in-ear monitors. The aim of this questionnaire is to get an overview of how wireless earphones are currently used and how familiar the public is with personalised products.

https://tudelft.fra1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_4VNIVL2GWSUqUoC

Thanks in advance for your time and feel free to share it with others!
I take the test as a cue to say something.
I hate, I literally HATE apps... Nowadays there are apps for everything and I think this is leading designers to laze around, any setting or control is inserted "later in the app" instead of making an effort to design and ergonomics to understand how to functionally implement the various functions of the headset. They are headphones, I want to put them in my ear and go, without having to complicate my life between settings and apps.
Earphones must

-change song

-raise and lower the volume

-Activate/deactivate active noise reduction and ambient mode if present

-activate the voice assistant

Nothing else is needed and I am convinced that an intelligent project would be able to insert them into the context of gestures and sensors

Top Bottom