• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Streamer with roon, plex and qobuz

tonapo

Hi there

I am currently using a raspberry pi4 running rasberry pi OS and Roon RAAT, so i use it as a roon endpoint. Its wired, so ethernet in, and USB out to my Topping D90 DAC.

I have been looking for a streamer that has Roon endpoint functionality, can run Qobuz directly and can operate as a plex music endpoint. Has anyone seen anything like that? I think I can install headless plex amp on the pi, but wanted to see if there was anything else out there that does all three. I would still want it to be wired, and I can control via tablet. Thanks.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
I don't know if you can sideload the Qobuz app on an Nvidia Shield, but it meets your other requirements pretty well.

I've got two of them, and they are great little boxes.

OP
T

tonapo

Hi @BDWoody , thanks for the reply.

I actually do have a couple of Shields too, I use a pro in my lounge, and a 2015 in a spare bedroom, although this does not get much use now. The area the stereo is in does not have access to a screen though, other than tablets/phones. I will give it some thought.

Eetu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Wiim Pro? Can't install Plex endpoint but Plexamp should work fine via Chromecast.

ezublab

Volumio on your PI. There is a Plex and a Roon plugin for free .
For Qobuz, you need the paid version (that provides many other features though)

formdissolve

Forum Donor
Also worth noting that if you use the Qobuz web frontend on Firefox or other browsers, it can stream up to 24 bit 192khz directly over ALSA. I use that on my main computer.

Top Bottom