• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Strange Sound Dropouts

wacomme

Every 5 minutes of so (fairly random after playing music the sound stops. The music plays, but there is no sound. To rectify the problem I increase the volume and the sound returns. I can then turn down the sound and the music plays until the cycle repeats itself. What's going on?

I have a SMSL DO100 dac connected to a Topping L50 amp connected to a Raspberry Pi and an external HD containing FLAC music files. The sound out goes to AudioEngine A5 speakers. I use the bypass switch on the L50 for the speakers. I have the volume maxed on the L50 and A5 speakers, and use the volume knob on the DO100 to regulate volume.

D

Deleted member 21219

I had a similar problem. It wasn't as regular as every 5 minutes, but it happened often enough that it was very annoying. I traced it down to a bad connection in an RCA socket.

Jim

Top Bottom