• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Spyware In Cars - It's Worse Than You Think

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
@Ron Texas , It is much less painful if you think of the new smart-Cars as just supplemental 'back-up' systems for smart-Phones.:confused:
Especially as they often 'back up' your contacts list if you connect them to your phone, as often demonstrated in hire cars. IIRC some were found not to clear the contacts list when asked too.

DesertRatt

I believe in Nature. Nature is cruel, unemotional, with no ethics or morals, able to wipe out more than 95% of Earth life in a short time with no regret or a passing thought. Nature subjects all living things to death, often after prolonged suffering, some after an extremely short life span. Survival of the fittest is one of the most cruel things one can think of to inflict on a life form, yet that's how this whole Natural world works and what drives everything.

Natural life is a never ending deathmatch with the winner getting to pass on just a bit more genetic material into the ever-evolving genetic pool than the loser. And you want to go back to Nature because you're longing for freedom? No thanks, I prefer civilization with all its flaws :)
Civilized life is no less a "death march" but without the exhilaration of animal freedom. Western populations are so angst ridden they are literally eating themselves to death, medicating themselves into zombiehood, and dying unhappy and unfulfilled.
Does the western "civilized mind" even know peace and contentment?

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Civilized life is no less a "death march" but without the exhilaration of animal freedom. Western populations are so angst ridden they are literally eating themselves to death, medicating themselves into zombiehood, and dying unhappy and unfulfilled.
Does the western "civilized mind" even know peace and contentment?
Western civilization is fairly young in historical terms. It's evolving and will continue to evolve. But let me ask you, does a caveman have peace of mind and contentment, living a life of constant fear of becoming food, or of being killed by invisible bacteria or by a competing hominid looking to spread their genetic material?

Generalizations about western civilization are easy to make, but the reality is that our ability to think is the result of what evolution, survival of the fittest has produced as a better adaptation. That's our super-power at the moment, but also our achilles heel. But it is our choice to decide where we go from here, even if we take civilization down the wrong path.

What freedom is there in having no control, no understanding, and no ability to escape the constraints dictated by the natural world? Even in today's "civilized" world, one can get that same freedom through drugs, alcohol, or lobotomy. At least you have the choice :)

OP
Ron Texas

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

DesertRatt

Western civilization is fairly young in historical terms. It's evolving and will continue to evolve. But let me ask you, does a caveman have peace of mind and contentment, living a life of constant fear of becoming food, or of being killed by invisible bacteria or by a competing hominid looking to spread their genetic material?
I can't read the minds of the dead. However, they survived for 2-1/2 Million years. Can you see 2-1/2 million more years ahead for humanity? I can't. I would be in doubt about another 250 years, let alone a million.

Our "best guess" of the life and habits of prehistory humans would have to be based on the lives of other mammals that we can witness since the introduction of writing. On average, not bad. It is a manufactured myth that prehistoric humans lived a meaningless life of pure savagery, despair, and meaninglessness. The myth was created to sell the new idea of civilization and collective slavery of all to the few.

Reactions: EJ3

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I can't read the minds of the dead. However, they survived for 2-1/2 Million years. Can you see 2-1/2 million more years ahead for humanity? I can't. I would be in doubt about another 250 years, let alone a million.

Absolutely, I can see many millions of years ahead for humanity, although it’s likely not going to be in the form that we know.

While you want back to the cave, I want to go forward, I want to see more of the universe, explore the laws of physics that we don’t even know exist, listen to more music, enjoy a good book and a good movie and see the advanced technologies we’re yet to develop. Maybe even participate in some of these efforts. Can’t do it from a cave, I’m afraid.

Salt

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
First blackout for at least a week will bring us (or those that survive) back to the cave.
But the discussion is running out of topic.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
But the discussion is running out of topic.
Will they ever? I be not sure...
I am certain Luddites had never heard of the proverbial RedPill but here we are in the 21st Century and they both still persist << the discussion as well as the topic.

OP
Ron Texas

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Our "best guess" of the life and habits of prehistory humans would have to be based on the lives of other mammals that we can witness since the introduction of writing. On average, not bad. It is a manufactured myth that prehistoric humans lived a meaningless life of pure savagery, despair, and meaninglessness. The myth was created to sell the new idea of civilization and collective slavery of all to the few.
At the rate we are going humanity doesn't have 50 years left. Jihadists are just itching to blow the world up.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
At the rate we are going humanity doesn't have 50 years left.
Woot!
202403_DoomsDayTicker.jpg

Link
OT: That DD clock should be converted to digital to make it more relevant!

Salt

Forum Donor
Will they ever? I be not sure...
I am certain Luddites had never heard of the proverbial RedPill but here we are in the 21st Century and they both still persist << the discussion as well as the topic.
"Spyware in Cars" (topic of this thread) is what correlated to Luddites?

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
"Spyware in Cars" (topic of this thread) is what correlated to Luddites?
Luddites do not like Spyware in cars.
They're actually probably a bit suspicious of cars -- but may have adapted to the expediency of automotive transportation.
:cool:

Salt

Forum Donor
From my point of view, I could not use some supervised car at all, as as GP I use it for home visits for immobile patients and on emergency schedule.
Any shared information about these would collide with medical confidentiality and thus is no-go.
This from my personal and professional point of view.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Perhaps they did not want 'new' technology of the era to take over their livelihood of the era.
You'd be welcome to define either term, in any way you wish to equate it to today.

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
From my point of view, I could not use some supervised car at all, as as GP I use it for home visits for immobile patients and on emergency schedule.
Any shared information about these would collide with medical confidentiality and thus is no-go.
This from my personal and professional point of view.
So you have to turn your mobile phone off for home visits?

Top Bottom