• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Snake Oil Department, Top This

04gto

mansr

Major Contributor
Sounds like a quantum entanglement kinda dealie to me. :cool:
The amp knew in the past of some future distortion, so it corrects for it now.
The spatial-temporal complexity of verbs in this context is making me tense.
Past, present, or future?

Piere

I firstly was thinking of an April fools joke, but no: https://www.kempelektroniksshop.nl/vortex-hifi-power-cap-diamant-plus-1534.html

"The Vortex HiFi Power Cap Sigma is the latest upgrade to Vortex HiFi information. Based on the medical principle of information, this anti-interference technology reduces biologically disruptive potential vortices. In addition, the latest Sigma Antistress Information of Vortex Sigma Informing reduces the interference to music listening from mains sockets located in the listening room quite significantly."

You can buy these magic also at many household stores where they are called mains socket protectors: 50cts a piece!

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I firstly was thinking of an April fools joke, but no: https://www.kempelektroniksshop.nl/vortex-hifi-power-cap-diamant-plus-1534.html

"The Vortex HiFi Power Cap Sigma is the latest upgrade to Vortex HiFi information. Based on the medical principle of information, this anti-interference technology reduces biologically disruptive potential vortices. In addition, the latest Sigma Antistress Information of Vortex Sigma Informing reduces the interference to music listening from mains sockets located in the listening room quite significantly."

You can buy these magic also at many household stores where they are called mains socket protectors: 50cts a piece!
The cheap ones can't sound nearly as good.

Vacceo

Major Contributor
Absolutely. I also believe that many of those who seem nuts are simply willfully ignorant because of how it allows them to be part of a social group.

Ironically enough, many of those groups look at ASR as a construct of that very effect, and we end with situations where both parties shout "flatearther" at each other.
Everything human-made is a construct, from groups to states and of course, all the tools along the way. I happen to like those that, in the case of tools, provide the best understanding of how they work.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

reduces biologically disruptive potential vortices
Using wibbly wobbley timey wimey

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
https://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/shunyata-research-sigma-nr-v2-power-cord

A $3500 power cord.
"This power cord brings an accuracy of timbre and harmony, a musical veracity, that I’ve simply not experienced before. Yes, it’s got all the audiophile virtues I’ve described in my previous experiences with Shunyata power cables. But those attributes really don’t speak to what the Sigma NR v2 is about. "

What drugs was he on? Can I have some?
My favorite quote was "I’ve heard some really good power cords over the years". That is a LOT of made up compliments spoken in obsequious tones and flowery language... If it was anything like he describes, those cables would be used by all military S.O.N.A.R. operators. But they aren't...

jsrtheta

Addicted to Fun and Learning

mansr

Major Contributor

That seemed like a good GPT-3 prompt:

Vortex Sigma HiFi Power Cap also offers excellent impedance matching between the mains socket and the audio components. Therefore, impedance formulation and electromagnetic interference are significantly reduced.

HiFi Power Cap Sigma is easy to install: Once installed in the listening room, buildings or other power sockets nearby do not require installation of Vortex conductive paths; you can still enjoy crystal clear music on your system.

This latest generation of products is the result of research and development of Vortex products over the past decade and beyond. In addition, numerous independent reviews and customer feedback confirm that the improvement in audio performance is well worth the investment.

How to use:

If you have ever noticed a greater transparency in your audio system or any increase in dynamics after placing a new power amplifier with Hifi Power Cap or simply a magic box that improves nothing then let yourself be surprised by the improvement brought by this new version. vortex Hifi Power Cap sigmas are manufactured exactly to the same dimensions as their predecessors (without suffix). Therefore, they can be replaced without modification. The improvement brought by Sigma will be even more significant than with previous versions!

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
That seemed like a good GPT-3 prompt:

Vortex Sigma HiFi Power Cap also offers excellent impedance matching between the mains socket and the audio components. Therefore, impedance formulation and electromagnetic interference are significantly reduced.

HiFi Power Cap Sigma is easy to install: Once installed in the listening room, buildings or other power sockets nearby do not require installation of Vortex conductive paths; you can still enjoy crystal clear music on your system.

This latest generation of products is the result of research and development of Vortex products over the past decade and beyond. In addition, numerous independent reviews and customer feedback confirm that the improvement in audio performance is well worth the investment.

How to use:

If you have ever noticed a greater transparency in your audio system or any increase in dynamics after placing a new power amplifier with Hifi Power Cap or simply a magic box that improves nothing then let yourself be surprised by the improvement brought by this new version. vortex Hifi Power Cap sigmas are manufactured exactly to the same dimensions as their predecessors (without suffix). Therefore, they can be replaced without modification. The improvement brought by Sigma will be even more significant than with previous versions!
"The improvements are only limited by your imagination!!!"

Top Bottom