• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Snake Oil Department, Top This

theREALdotnet

Major Contributor
So you hold no qualifications in audio engineering and sound production? OK.

Yeah Don, come back when you hold a degree in geology!

Freddy

The defining characteristic of Jorge in Name of the Rose was that he had zero sense of humour and hated laughter. QED.
I have read "The Name of the Rose" at least three times, so am familiar with the plot and the characters. I would not say that was Jorge's defining character, though it was certainly part of his philosophy. He hated Comedy and regarded laughter as contrary to both the spirit of the order but also to god. His defining character was a deep knowledge of philosophy and church history.

DonR

Major Contributor
Yeah Don, come back when you hold a degree in geology!
No worries. My son is a geologist. I'll get him to comment on the audio grounding properties of a box of dirt and get him to explain to my simple brain how the physics work to increase the system volume. I'll consider it a learning opportunity.

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Amazing design, unbelievable tuning and voicing in a power cable that includes not just red, but also a GOLD tuning module!

And all that technology for only $2995!

1649219765472.png

1649219677184.png

theREALdotnet

Major Contributor

DonR

Major Contributor
Oh, is he? I’m glad now that I didn’t post that Sheldon Cooper meme :D
Like our dear Mr Schumann, he doesn't work in his field currently. He writes software. A huge disappointment to the whole family. Maybe he should get a side gig as a reviewer of audio tweaks that can be heard from the kitchen. That might give him greater reverence, apparently.

DonR

Major Contributor
Well Don, whether you are disappointed in your son is up to you to decide. I will say this though, if the quality of the software he writes is of the same standard as that of your comments, then, "yes", you should be disappointed.
Your sarcasm meter is broken.

fatoldgit

Paul Schumann is a respected reviewer. You are not. Hence I would much rather accept Schumann's comments than yours, especially as I suspect you never even heard the device in question.

I dont know if you are taking the piss, poking the borax or just being a troll.

But in any case, I will bite, this once.

In the reviewers words "About 20 minutes later, I noticed that the music suddenly got appreciably louder."

Irrespective of my technical qualifications, experience as an audiophile etc, please explain how a grounding box can appreciably make an audio signal louder?.

That would require amplification of a signal which is not possible with a passive device such as a grounding box.

I notice that your modus operandi, at least on this thread, is to sling mud and insults rather than address the technical aspects of the device so I doubt you will try in any sincere and meaningful way to answer this simple question.

Peter

DonR

Major Contributor
Yeah.. people go where the money is... and now we are going from software development to data science... and who knows what's next...
From what I can see the money is in selling snake oil audio tweaks to gullible dupes. $6000 for a box of dirt is easy money no matter how you look at it.

xaviescacs

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I found this wonderful Gmail Checker Plus extension a few weeks ago and it has been operating managing 6 email addresses for this time with no issues. I must send a offering for his excellent software. :D
Thank god I only need to manage two accounts.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Thank god I only need to manage two accounts.
Managing 6 email addresses can be a pain in the butt but after setting up for it there is minimal input required. I think the much easier to use for networking via client/server email software ceased distribution and end of life support a couple of years ago. But because I installed it before some date that Microsoft determined to be the date of support cutoff I was allowed to use it and still am although Gmail will cease all support for this legacy email standard. So I must upgrade my email software to something with the most secure connection standard possible. This Gmail Checker Plus is it and it makes managing 6 email addresses a joy. The email software never manages the password. It is managed the same way that any Gmail user logs in and out because Gmail manages it all still. What is a decent'n reasonable amount to send to a software developer making extensions for Gmail? $15, $20, $30? Curious to see what peeps think is a proper amount.

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
Paul Schumann is a respected reviewer. You are not. Hence I would much rather accept Schumann's comments than yours, especially as I suspect you never even heard the device in question.

I really thought that was meant as sarcasm.... hearing is believing, I guess.

Inner Space

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Top Bottom