• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Snake Oil Department, Top This

srkbear

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I can't unread that crap on fusing A/C cords to one direction. Even Paul came on and said that it is A/C current so it is changing every 16.7ms. A polite way of saying "Guys this is pure crap". They totally ignored Paul and continued defining insanity and lunacy by trying to explain the Official Synergistic answer to how it works. They said "It just does". Can't get any more scientific than that. So, even Paul is ignored when trying to get these morons to think about what they are actually saying and doing. Unbelievable.
Oh crap, Killingbeans beat me to this. oh well.
Speaking of newbies, it must be comforting for Paul to enjoy all this traffic on his site without the unpleasantness of knowing which one of your acolytes with sweaty palms rested it on a hot filter cap while playing switcheroo with the “audiophile fuses”.

theREALdotnet

Major Contributor
A cold water pipe. Some newbies make the mistake of a hot water pipe, which may not be grounded.

Of course. The hot water pipe needs to be connected to the hot terminal :p

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I love how Paul of all people subtlety tried to make them use their brain a little, but got nothing but gibberish in return :D
I Though that.

When PM is your "voice of reason" in an audio discussion - you know you are in trouble.

First I was confused - then I realized I had been fuse-conned.
Oh, chapeau sir.

Last edited:

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
Note that: All-metal municipal water pipe systems are a thing of the past. So to are all-metal inside a home or building systems.
Killjoy! But you are 100% correct. Us old geezers don't stay up with the times.......

Audiofire

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
So to are all-metal inside a home or building systems.
Such a bummer that we now need to buy Less Loss Blackbody V2, to mitigate cosmic ionic particle influx. At least, it appears that they burn in their products properly:

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
speaking of snake oil, and with credit where credit's due*...

1709431593891.jpeg

I guess otherwise, the only way to get those "room cues" and stuff is to go full ATMOS. I guess, comparatively, the MIT stuff could be a bargain! :cool:

Justdafactsmaam

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Fuse direction is absolutely critical! Put them in sideways or at a severe angle and it’s a night and day difference.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
I believe this may be the first time I have read a post including the grammatically correct "whom am I kidding."

Yeesh. Even I am not so didactic as this. Have another beer.
I would be (thus so didactic - or is it pedantic?), so don't feel bad. ;)

Mart68

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
speaking of snake oil, and with credit where credit's due*...

View attachment 353834

I guess otherwise, the only way to get those "room cues" and stuff is to go full ATMOS. I guess, comparatively, the MIT stuff could be a bargain! :cool:

This really is an unexplored area. Combine stuff that does nothing with other stuff that does nothing and you could bring the universe to an end. Or something. Like crossing the streams in Ghostbusters.

Ahmonge

Forum Donor
Combine stuff that does nothing with other stuff that does nothing and you could bring the universe to an end
Rest assured that if there were a chance to end the universe, it would have already been discovered by some audiophile fond of these miraculous sound-enhancing devices, so popular in high end audio.

Last edited:

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
I need to preface this with a couple of disclaimers.
1) I like AA (the audio website, that is).
2) I like the poster there whose thread I am about to invoke.

But I noticed a thread there today on the effects of changing the direction of a directional fuse.
Offered here with no further comment.

Top Bottom