• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Show your subwoofers "movies" blowing out candles!

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
I think my, 'The Towering Inferno' one is easily by the best sub candle blow out I have done, period! I mean that John Williams score builds up the tension! The timing and rehearsal, perfect when the explosives blow out the millions of gallons of water to put the fire out.

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
I am running out of the videos now as I did these years ago just for entertainment purpose. I think this was the out of print MGM '98 region 1 DVD.
JBL 4645 18"

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
Now everyone likes someThing blowing out a candle.

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
I happened to have Star Trek TOS playing at the time and I have complex cinema professional where I just had the audio playing from THX Cimarron, of the recrate videos on youtube playing though the Non-sync mode on my SDDS DFP-D3000, while Star Trek was playing.

The THX Cimarron was known to be a bass, sub bass buster as the trailer was recalled as it obliterated many THX cinema subwoofers and replaced with a tamer version.

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
I did this one around 2014, JBL 4645 was opposite side of the room. It's interesting how the camera not intentional due to the angle it had a vertical flare glare that more less resembles an oscilloscope trace which fluctuated what I would see on a scope.

I still haven't seen any of your home theatre subs movies doing it.

Last edited:
OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
Rollercoaster - Sensurround with the Lucasfilm Ltd THX Sound System - JBL 4645 18" - DVD region 1, Dolby 1.1 Sensurround.
Just as the coaster appears the Sensurround track rumble is active!

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
Apollo 13, with JBL 4645 18" - THX Laserdisc dts - Lucasfilm Ltd THX Sound System

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
The movie that made me feel depressed since aged 11, that gave me Tinnitus at the ABC Bournemouth screen 1, in Sensurround April 1979. :(
bluray edition dtshdma Sensurround 1.1. It plays in 2.1 so got switch pro-logic on the sound is from centre channel mono and the LFE sensurround that is active a lot so Turn it Down otherwise it may give you tinnitus!

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
Valkyrie - this scene is Very Loud! Thou not the real thing. Lucasfilm Ltd THX Sound System - JBL 4645 18"

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
this is probably easier the worse the sub lol
a supermarket sub which throws everything below 50Hz through the port will throw a lot of air out of it
supermarket soundbar subs would easily fit into a shopping trolly. A JBL cinema sub wouldn't.

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
Yes, Yes, it as sort of eluded me. Yes, Yes. It too bad I can't fit this in my room. Yes, Yes. But the port. Yes, Yes. I am thinking of a design that is cheap but Yes, Yes. I may just do what I think it could do, none of that rotar fan sub, that is device is too noisy as it is a motor. Yes, Yes. Yes, Yes. I keep this one under mat hat for now yet it is so cheap and may, just, Yes, Yes.

Tom Danley

Technical Expert
Audio Company
These are a little on the large size but...
Well we used to have a birthday cake with candles being blown out on an old Servodrive subwoofer brochure but that was long ago.

How about a subwoofer that can also dry hair or flap all of your clothing

advance to around 7 min

These move enough air to blow out a cake too.

Tom

audiofooled

Addicted to Fun and Learning
This could blow a candle or two... They say it's 1,5 megawatts of amplification. I just wonder about SINAD :rolleyes:

BinkieHuckerback

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Not sure it counts, but there's a video of the Two Ronnies blowing out fork handles on YouTube

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
No not looking for tinnitus subwoofers had enough of life time pain :( of sensurround in 1979 battlestar galactica.

movielover12345

SPACEBALLS ~ The First 4 Minutes!!
THE TIGGER MOVIE ~ The Avalanche!
CITY SLICKERS II: THE LEGEND OF CURLY'S GOLD ~ The Stampede!
SCOOBY-DOO!: LEGEND OF THE PHANTOSAUR ~ Most Of The Movie!

Well, What Do You Think?

Last edited:

JSmith

Master Contributor
In the Expendables at one point Terry Crews goes nuts with a gatling gun... extreme bass ensues to the point the neighbours may call a SWAT team.

Ah, here it is;

:cool:

JSmith

Top Bottom