• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Realmente merece la pena el auricular Superlux hd 681/ 681b/ 668b?

fullmoon

Hola. Es la primera vez que abro un hilo en un foro, a pesar de ser lectora habitual. Soy novata en lo que a sonido se refiere. Me dedico a la composición y estoy empezando aprender de mezcla y producción para grabar mis propios temas. No tengo un espacio acondicionado para la mezcla del sonido, uso unos monitores philips que sacan bastante buen sonido en medios y agudos, pero cuando suenan bajos potentes suelen enmascarar un poco el sonido y pierdo claridad a la hora de mezclar. También tengo los Audiotechnica Ath-m30x, los cuales uso para monitorearme en grabaciones y que creo que están bien equilibrados. Pero es cierto que al ser cerrados me fatigan los oídos cuando llevo un rato con ellos. Por eso estaba buscando unos auriculares abiertos para probar a mejorar un poco en comodidad y fiabilidad. Buscando he oído hablar de los Superlux hd 681/681b/668b. Me preguntaba si realmente pueden usarse como sonido de referencia a la hora de mezclar. He leído que tienen demasiados agudos, mi pregunta es si resulta molesto. He leído también en otros hilos que tienen que ser ecualizados para conseguir un sonido equilibrados. Pero tampoco sé la manera de modificar la ecualización de unos auriculares. Ojalá haya alguien que pueda aportar un poco de luz a mi indecisión. Realmente merecen la pena? Qué modelo es el más equilibrado y fiable para mezclar?. Graciaaas de antemano :)

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Holla @fullmoon

Normalmente hablamos en inglés aquí. Así que hice una traducción rápida para usted con https://www.deepl.com/translator

Hi. This is the first time I open a thread in a forum, despite being a regular reader. I'm a newbie when it comes to sound. I'm a composer and I'm starting to learn about mixing and production to record my own tracks. I don't have a conditioned space for sound mixing, I use some philips monitors that get pretty good sound in mids and highs, but when they sound powerful bass they tend to mask the sound a little and I lose clarity when mixing. I also have the Audiotechnica Ath-m30x, which I use to monitor myself in recordings and I think they are well balanced. But it is true that being closed they fatigue my ears when I've been wearing them for a while. That's why I was looking for open headphones to try to improve comfort and reliability. While searching I heard about the Superlux hd 681/681b/668b. I was wondering if they can really be used as a reference sound when mixing. I have read that they have too much treble, my question is if it is annoying. I have also read in other threads that they have to be equalized to get a balanced sound. But I also don't know the way to modify the equalization of a headphone. Hopefully there is someone who can shed some light on my indecision. Are they really worth it? Which model is the most balanced and reliable for mixing. Thanks in advance :)

OP
F

fullmoon

[QUOTE = "tomtoo, publicación: 827285, miembro: 11088"] Holla [USER = 33643] @fullmoon [/ USER]

Normalmente hablamos en inglés aquí. Así que hice una traducción rápida para usted con https://www.deepl.com/translator

Hola. Esta es la primera vez que abro un hilo en un foro, a pesar de ser un lector habitual. Soy un novato en lo que a sonido se refiere. Soy compositor y estoy empezando a aprender a mezclar y producir para grabar mis propias pistas. No tengo un espacio acondicionado para la mezcla de sonido, utilizo algunos monitores Philips que consiguen bastante buen sonido en medios y agudos, pero cuando suenan graves potentes tienden a enmascarar un poco el sonido y pierdo claridad al mezclar. También tengo la Audiotechnica Ath-m30x, que utilizo para monitorizarme en las grabaciones y creo que están bien equilibradas. Pero es cierto que al estar cerrados fatigan mis oídos cuando los llevo un tiempo. Por eso buscaba unos auriculares abiertos para intentar mejorar la comodidad y la fiabilidad. Mientras buscaba, escuché sobre el Superlux hd 681 / 681b / 668b. Me preguntaba si realmente se pueden usar como sonido de referencia al mezclar. He leído que tienen demasiados agudos, mi pregunta es si es molesto. También he leído en otros hilos que deben ecualizarse para obtener un sonido equilibrado. Pero tampoco sé cómo modificar la ecualización de un auricular. Ojalá haya alguien que pueda arrojar algo de luz sobre mi indecisión. ¿Realmente valen la pena? Qué modelo es el más equilibrado y confiable para mezclar. Gracias por adelantado ¿Realmente valen la pena? Qué modelo es el más equilibrado y confiable para mezclar. Gracias por adelantado ¿Realmente valen la pena? Qué modelo es el más equilibrado y confiable para mezclar. Gracias por adelantado:)[/CITA]

Thank you :)

tomtoo

Major Contributor
I realy dont know. On thomann.de many people like them, what is usually a good sign. They are super cheap. Try them to much can not go wrong imo.

OP
F

fullmoon

I realy dont know. On thomann.de many people like them, what is usually a good sign. They are super cheap. Try them to much can not go wrong imo.
Yes, it is true. I was also looking at Thoman's comments. But I wanted to get some more accurate feedback. Thank you very much anyway for answering my message.

tomtoo

Major Contributor
OP
F

fullmoon

Would be cool @amirm would measure them but so many headphones on the market. I mean if you look for low price, maybe you can get them?
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/9-headphone-review-sony-mdr-zx110.19484/

I tried them and for the price they are realy ok.

Thank you. Although I was looking for an open or semi-open headset so I could work with it for hours. Anyway I am very interested in the topic you talk about in that post about equalization. I don't know how to EQ a headset though. Could someone explain me what it is about? Maybe, without experience it is better not to equalize? or is it a simple process to perform. I find it interesting but I don't know anything about it.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Thank you. Although I was looking for an open or semi-open headset so I could work with it for hours. Anyway I am very interested in the topic you talk about in that post about equalization. I don't know how to EQ a headset though. Could someone explain me what it is about? Maybe, without experience it is better not to equalize? or is it a simple process to perform. I find it interesting but I don't know anything about it.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Is your soundsource a windows computer? I mean what do you use forrecordingand playback?

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Than you could use somethig like equalizerAPO and the peace gui both are free.

Needs some time to get used to it. But does all you need.

Shure you have to learn first what a parametric eq is. But when it comes to mixing there is no way around and its not hard to understand. Propably you can find some youtube videos that explain it.

OP
F

fullmoon

Than you could use somethig like equalizerAPO and the peace gui both are free.

Needs some time to get used to it. But does all you need.

Shure you have to learn first what a parametric eq is. But when it comes to mixing there is no way around and its not hard to understand. Propably you can find some youtube videos that explain it.
Ok, then I will start looking for information about it to learn. Thank you very much for the information!

OP
F

fullmoon

By the way, I have a doubt, supposing that I make an equalization in APOecu, for example, for the headphones, this equalization will also affect the sound of the monitors? Or can you decide which channel of the sound card is affected by this equalization?

Dackel

I have a pair of hd681 which only cost me about 20 euros or something ridiculously low. I use Morphit to correct and equalize them which takes the treble down a little. I also bought some velour pads for then. Used though a headphone amp they punch well well above their price point. The only thing is that the build quality is a bit iffy...Mine have now developed a bit of a wobbly contact on the jack plug. It is almost not worth repairing for the price. I think a lot of people with expensive phones would be surprised after hearing one of these corrected. On the comfort side we are not at Beyerdynamic level but they are also pretty comfortable

tomtoo

Major Contributor
By the way, I have a doubt, supposing that I make an equalization in APOecu, for example, for the headphones, this equalization will also affect the sound of the monitors? Or can you decide which channel of the sound card is affected by this equalization?

You can have different eq for different output.

OP
F

fullmoon

I have a pair of hd681 which only cost me about 20 euros or something ridiculously low. I use Morphit to correct and equalize them which takes the treble down a little. I also bought some velour pads for then. Used though a headphone amp they punch well well above their price point. The only thing is that the build quality is a bit iffy...Mine have now developed a bit of a wobbly contact on the jack plug. It is almost not worth repairing for the price. I think a lot of people with expensive phones would be surprised after hearing one of these corrected. On the comfort side we are not at Beyerdynamic level but they are also pretty comfortable
Great, I think I don't lose anything by trying them. I read that equalization is almost indispensable. thanks for sharing your experience.

Dackel

Great, I think I don't lose anything by trying them. I read that equalization is almost indispensable. thanks for sharing your experience.
Even without EQ they are ok. I used them for a long time simply into a hip dac or even straight into the MacBook Pro. I can really recommend the pads from Thomann as well but they obviously bump up the price a bit.

OP
F

fullmoon

Even without EQ they are ok. I used them for a long time simply into a hip dac or even straight into the MacBook Pro. I can really recommend the pads from Thomann as well but they obviously bump up the price a bit.
Great, I think I'll give them a try. And I'll look at the pads to buy them as well. Thank you very much.

Top Bottom