• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Quality of Ipod Classic with or without external DAC?

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
LOL he had a point about Karajan and Clapton and Dire Straits.

sq225917

Major Contributor
Blake, I still use an ipod classic in preference to many other daps I've tried. It has a quad sdxc card conversion so is good for 400gig of storage, battery life is off the charts and I can use it through the sleeve of a waterproof cycling jacket, unlike all the screen based control interfaces.

I use it with Sony mdr 800 ex st in ears and its noise free, almost every other dap I've tried was noisy with iems.

I'm sure there are measurably better devices with more output power, greater file format flexibility, greater connectivity and so on. But in the £1k bracket I've not found anything I'd swap it for that I could use on my bike and at the gym.

jameswilson

lol. The first page of this thread went real dark, real fast.

I was interested in the answer, but I think I'm just gonna let it go. Its not THAT serious. :)

Top Bottom