• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Qobuz has a connect option now?

Brian Hall

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
On this Chromebox, I noticed a new device option on the bottom left when playing an album then clicking on the song playing. I clicked on the icon and got this screen:

1710804927436.png

I selected my Wiim Pro Plus and it worked. The Android app on my phone has the same icon, but the Wiim is not an option there. The Android app on my Galaxy tab S8+ does see the Wiim and is playing to it now. The Eversolo DMP-A6 does not show up as an option.

DannyBoyNYC

I hope this is really happening. I tried Qobuz as the streaming option when I tried out Roon (to see what all the fuss was about). I didn't get the value add/price ratio for Roon but Qobuz impressed me with their editorial taste and quality recommendations.

I like putting streaming services on a scale where Apple Music is kinda trashy - "pure pop for now people", Spotify is MOR (middle of the road) and Qobuz is like tasteful euro-tinged freeform radio/FM in the eighties. If streaming services were record stores Apple would be the rack at Urban Outfitters, Spotify a branch of Tower and Qobuz would be the small struggling indie shop.

I still scan Qobuz's online zine and emails for recommendations and would have considered subscribing to them if they offered connect. I may look at them again.

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
If streaming services were record stores Apple would be the rack at Urban Outfitters, Spotify a branch of Tower and Qobuz would be the small struggling indie shop.
The Indie Shop where you select something, and every third item they are like "nope, you can't have that, and I can't tell you why".

OP
Brian Hall

Brian Hall

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
If Roon would add/integrate Spotify I would cancel both Qobuz and Tidal. They don't really add any value on their own.

DannyBoyNYC

If Roon would add/integrate Spotify I would cancel both Qobuz and Tidal. They don't really add any value on their own.
Obviously not a Neil Young / Joni Mitchel fan.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
True. I don't like either of their voices.
Have you heard this Joni song version? It's a lot faster beat and faster singing than her usual stuff that I don't appreciate either. Frankly this is the only song of her's that I can stomach.

Top Bottom