• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Purité Audio’s new You Tube Channel!

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I thought it might be fun to run a few videos that expose the chicanery of the Hi-Fi business, explain what is and what isn’t important for really fine audio reproduction.
I have asked Margot to present reprising her role ( from her bath) in the Big Short.

Regarding themes I thought we might touch in the out and out nonsense, cable lifters/ grounding boxes, the hugely expensive poorly measuring ‘guru’ products , the for want of a better word ‘aspirational ‘ products ( for example really expensive amplifiers the size of a pool table ) which aren’t strictly snake oil but which are certainly no better than much more inexpensive options, to finally actually fine measuring , properly designed components which offer real value for money.
I would hardly be breaking new ground but it might help dispel a few of the old wives tales which have propagated around the industry for the last forty years.
Thoughts/suggestions most welcome.
Keith

CleanSound

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Regarding themes I thought we might touch in the out and out nonsense, cable lifters/ grounding boxes, the hugely expensive poorly measuring ‘guru’ products , the for want of a better word ‘aspirational ‘ products ( for example really expensive amplifiers the size of a pool table ) which aren’t strictly snake oil but which are certainly no better than much more inexpensive options, to finally actually fine measuring , properly designed components which offer real value for money.
I would hardly be breaking new ground but it might help dispel a few of the old wives tales which have propagated around the industry for the last forty years.

I would suggest you consider changing the topic, these topics are way too played out. And you likely won't be changing any minds anyway.

You are a dealer, perhaps make videos and talk about the products that you carry; the features, the engineering and quirks of these products (perhaps even the brand story), the why's you believe in these products and ultimately selling them.

Remember, specs is great and all, but if someone is spending a lot of money, they want to hear a good story about the brand and the product.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Thanks for the suggestion but I am not big on stories, prefer facts.
Keith

JeremyFife

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I'm not sure that criticising others (your competitors?) even by implication is the way to go ... 'exposing chicanery '
Facts are important... but dull ... and will end up with you saying that the only DAC you need is a $10 apple dongle (I'm exaggerating)

Why do you stock the items you do, why did you choose them and not something else? It's a story, but it's backed by facts (and something else?, something extra?)

Dispel away, while you're at it.

I think your story would be interesting

dshreter

Addicted to Fun and Learning
For folks that frequent this site, those topics aren't very interesting. We know that stuff, so it's not really presenting a good reason for engagement with that audience.

From your posts here, it seems clear your passion is for state-of-the-art system design, especially trends in powered loudspeakers and how those capabilities supersede traditional systems. If you went in that direction, I think it would come across as more authentic and offer a better chance for your target audience to learn something.

CleanSound

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks for the suggestion but I am not big on stories, prefer facts.
Keith
They are not mutually exclusive. And if you don't make up the story, the story is a fact.

For example, how did Kii got started, how long was their R&D effort for this particular product, what was their design philosophy, who were the engineers (maybe someone famous) what new technologies resulted in the product, anything unique (local sourced supply chain), how rigorous was their QC process, etc. etc.

You can talk about measurements and why cables don't make a difference, but I don't think you will convert any new audience nor will you give new information to existing audience.

Just my 2 cents.

CleanSound

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
For folks that frequent this site, those topics aren't very interesting. We know that stuff, so it's not really presenting a good reason for engagement with that audience.

Yeah, people don't need a shadow ASR YouTube channel. And there is nothing one can say on such topics that would be new content anyway.

Top Bottom