• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Preamp for class d board

Wheely

Does anybody know the best preamp to use with these class d amp boards? something for bluetooth projects etc. needing something that works off d.c power to make things easier.

Im really wanting to try this dual core amp board as it seems to do well on tests.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230224-101717.jpg
    Screenshot_20230224-101717.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 109
OP
Wheely

Wheely

hoping to use a preamp like this with replaceable op amps and 3 tone controls, but not sure if they are worthwhile. seems decent. I plan on powering the preamp and amp off seperate lithium ion batteries, might help things.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230221-174523.jpg
    Screenshot_20230221-174523.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 66

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
How much noise do those fans make when they spin up? They don't look like they'll be particularly quiet.

Also - batteries don't make that good a power supply for a power amplifier. At least not without some filtering, or at least some capacitance, on the output.

OP
Wheely

Wheely

I
How much noise do those fans make when they spin up? They don't look like they'll be particularly quiet.

Also - batteries don't make that good a power supply for a power amplifier. At least not without some filtering, or at least some

OP
Wheely

Wheely

Anyone out there have any idea what the voltage of the standby light would be on this amp?? . I assume a 6volt bulb will work. I need to understand more about powering leds. I just want to build this amp properly and figured it wouldnt hurt to have a proper light hooked up to that 2 pin outlet

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Anyone out there have any idea what the voltage of the standby light would be on this amp?? . I assume a 6volt bulb will work. I need to understand more about powering leds. I just want to build this amp properly and figured it wouldnt hurt to have a proper light hooked up to that 2 pin outlet
we can't guess - you've provided no information at all on the board/specification/connections/circuit.

And I'd suggest if you don't know how to power LEDs that DIY electronics might not be for you.

Oh - and a 6V bulb will almost certainly not work.

OP
Wheely

Wheely

we can't guess - you've provided no information at all on the board/specification/connections/circuit.

And I'd suggest if you don't know how to power LEDs that DIY electronics might not be for you.

Oh - and a 6V bulb will almost certainly not work.
oh no, its definitely for me. how are you supposed to learn anyway? Obviously I can manage to power an led, im just not sure the exact perfect voltage that the mute signal will put out when tripped. Its not like Im gonna try and trip it & then put a voltage tester on it. Its a tpa3255 amp board that runs on 24-48 volts. I bet a 6v would work & maybe not even burn out. who knows. if not then a higher voltage. they seem to light up of nearly any voltage anyway. theres some capacitors that say all different voltages all over. not sure about the voltage regulators and converters. Its too easy. clearly I could just try a 48v led and everything would probably be 100% fine but figured Id throw some content on here.

This is what I have going on so far. Im starting to create a box for my amp & working out how I am going to install the banana jacks.

I put different op amps in the preamp already. A pair of NE5532's that came out of the A07 pro. sounds awesome

Attachments

• 20230405_184107.jpg
    20230405_184107.jpg
    467.1 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
OP
Wheely

Wheely

Been testing this lossless bluetooth 5.0 decoder board on my car deck & I think it actually sounds fantastic. its louder than a cord, which is strange. but definitely clear. should sound great plugged into the preamp with these nice gold plated 3.5mm cords I got

Attachments

• 20230408_173434.jpg
    20230408_173434.jpg
    275.1 KB · Views: 43

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
oh no, its definitely for me. how are you supposed to learn anyway? Obviously I can manage to power an led, im just not sure the exact perfect voltage that the mute signal will put out when tripped. Its not like Im gonna try and trip it & then put a voltage tester on it. Its a tpa3255 amp board that runs on 24-48 volts. I bet a 6v would work & maybe not even burn out. who knows. if not then a higher voltage. they seem to light up of nearly any voltage anyway. theres some capacitors that say all different voltages all over. not sure about the voltage regulators and converters. Its too easy. clearly I could just try a 48v led and everything would probably be 100% fine but figured Id throw some content on here.

This is what I have going on so far. Im starting to create a box for my amp & working out how I am going to install the banana jacks.

I put different op amps in the preamp already. A pair of NE5532's that came out of the A07 pro. sounds awesome
Do you know what current the trip output will deliver. A bulb of any voltage will almost certainly overload (and may break) it.

LEDS are current driven, not voltage driven. Forward voltage drop of a typical signaling LED is in the 1V to 2V range (though modern high brightness (lighting type) leds can be much higher. You need to power leds from a current controlled source rather than a voltage output. With simple leds the normal way to do that is to select a resistor that limits the current to the LED rating, at whatever voltage the source is.

OP
Wheely

Wheely

so I have to come up with a whole circuit with a proper calculated resistor? I cant just put an led of a specific voltage on the positive and negative of the socket?

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
so I have to come up with a whole circuit with a proper calculated resistor? I cant just put an led of a specific voltage on the positive and negative of the socket?
No - as I said, LEDS are rated for a particular current, not for a particular voltage, and you'll still need to know if that output can deliver the required current. But "whole circuit" for a single resistor is a bit of a reach ;)

Do you get a circuit diagram for the boards?

OP
Wheely

Wheely

No - as I said, LEDS are rated for a particular current, not for a particular voltage, and you'll still need to know if that output can deliver the required current. But "whole circuit" for a single resistor is a bit of a reach ;)

Do you get a circuit diagram for the boards?
no diagarams at all, no. I just know there are tons of led lights to choose from but you have to choose a voltage. lots with a red & black wire already attached

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
no diagarams at all, no. I just know there are tons of led lights to choose from but you have to choose a voltage. lots with a red & black wire already attached
Send me a link to one - I'll have a look.

OP
Wheely

Wheely

To which sorry? One of these amp boards or the led bulbs?

Top Bottom