• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Power Amp for my Streamer/PreAmp?

OP
andlum

andlum

Oh OK I get you. I have a really simple (or at least I thought so) setup downstairs, but whenever my partner/daughter/in laws are watching TV they will always just use the TV speakers :facepalm:
Thats the beauty of the Lyngdorf: when you switch on the tv with its remote, they lyngdorf clicks and it just works.

OP
andlum

andlum

So, let's keep it short: for the time being, I've bought the second-hand Lindemann Musicbook 55; I think, for a reasonable price.

For me, the question now remains which streamer it will be. I have ordered the Node N130 and the Inklang HD10.

So there are the following options:

1. Inklang Streamer/DAC --> Power Amp (disadvantage: no Roon Endpoint).
2. Node N130 --> Power Amp (you read not-so-great things about the internal DAC of the Node? Therefore, cheapest solution)
3. Node N130 --> ext. DAC (e.g. used Denafrips Ares or RME ADI) --> Power Amp

The price for 1. and 3. is around 2k each, solution 2. would be 1300€.

This hifi stuff really invites you to "run in circles".

JktHifi

I prefer solution number 2.

Philipp Fankhauser said: “May the best man win”

MaxBuck

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
So, let's keep it short: for the time being, I've bought the second-hand Lindemann Musicbook 55; I think, for a reasonable price.

For me, the question now remains which streamer it will be. I have ordered the Node N130 and the Inklang HD10.

So there are the following options:

1. Inklang Streamer/DAC --> Power Amp (disadvantage: no Roon Endpoint).
2. Node N130 --> Power Amp (you read not-so-great things about the internal DAC of the Node? Therefore, cheapest solution)
3. Node N130 --> ext. DAC (e.g. used Denafrips Ares or RME ADI) --> Power Amp

The price for 1. and 3. is around 2k each, solution 2. would be 1300€.

This hifi stuff really invites you to "run in circles".
My system is your number 3, using the Topping D30Pro. It's great.

Florentin

I can relate to your struggle as I am trying to replace my Marantz PM7000n with separates which should also play nice with the TV audio output. I have a Minidsp flex eight with Dirac which i would like to keep in the chain.
As a streamer, i configured a raspberry pi with raspotify and some other goodies. RaspberryPi unfortunately does not have hdmi earc. This is why i am waiting for the new version of Orange PI 5B wifi, it seems to have hdmi 2.1 earc. For the amplification, I’m between picking a 6 channel ncore amp that would power each drive of two 3-way speakers or get the Nilai later this summer.

ZolaIII

Major Contributor

withoutsuit

Nice looking amps, but after Brexit not the best option for Europeans, from a financial point of view.

Top Bottom