• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New topic - wine measurements

Hankcdn

Admitedly controversial, Amir can you start a series on measurements of wine, please.

It's so bizarre, I need some help to demystify the topic!

I have two bottles of wine, both are of Sangiovese grapes, both are from around San gimiano, both are the same year ( 2018) both spent fermentation time in mostly same process and same time in steel tanks then old barrels before bottling.... yet the smell and taste are rather different. The color more or less the same. Both have what appear on their websites aprox identical ph and sugar readings.... yet taste and smell so different.

Both are about the same price....

One is from a "big house" that owns wineries around the world, the other is a single farmer, family run, everything harvested, produced, stored onsite.

Who is a Sangiovese fan??

MCH

Major Contributor

OP
H

Hankcdn

Thx, Very interesting! I have to read it again though before I can consider a sensible comment.

Top Bottom