• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Fuses! Guaranteed to “totally transform” your listening experience.

Scienceguy

Hi:
If we all desire to learn and share knowledge and have fun in audio why not set up a blind test to compare 5-10 samples of different audiophile fuses and "generic" first and after the results of the blind test take some measurements and compare. Then instead of pure speculation as to "yay or nay" we'd have scientific proof - what could be better.
Peace,
Scienceguy.

Helicopter

Major Contributor
Hi:
If we all desire to learn and share knowledge and have fun in audio why not set up a blind test to compare 5-10 samples of different audiophile fuses and "generic" first and after the results of the blind test take some measurements and compare. Then instead of pure speculation as to "yay or nay" we'd have scientific proof - what could be better.
Peace,
Scienceguy.
Because the hypothesis that bee wax and other silly fuses might be good doesn't make any sense on any theoretical ground.

OP
ahofer

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi:
Peace,
Scienceguy.

All in favor of blind tests, but when there’ve been plenty of tests showing people have trouble telling amplifiers and DACs apart, the fuse thing doesn’t seem like a high priority. Right up there with blind testing whether the temperature setting of your fridge affects your sound. After all, if you haven’t tested it, it’s “pure speculation as to yay or nay”.

There have been some blind tests with power cords, I posted them in a thread just yesterday.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Hi:
Peace,
Scienceguy.

That burden is on the merchandise peddler to demonstrate that they're not crooks, not on people with a few grains of intelligence and better things to do with their time.

NARRATOR: They're crooks.

Last edited:

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Hi:
Peace,
Scienceguy.

How about one person demonstrates it (with actual evidence) before we turn it into a class project.

egellings

Major Contributor
How can anyone believe that fuses make a difference? Easy. Just decide to believe in it and it's a done deal. Makes no difference if you are an EE or not.

Dougey_Jones

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I have an account on AG (same name) and try to inject SOME reality into threads there, and routinely get shouted down/moderated/temp banned. The user base is mostly 60+ years old, boutique manufacturers and distributors openly market to forum users and the whole place is just a complete snake oil shit show.

The people there claim to be golden ear'd audiophiles but none of them would EVER subject themselves to a double blind, or admit to being wrong when provided with evidence.

The whole place is beyond saving if you ask me..

q3cpma

Major Contributor
Hold on... Nope, didn't work.
Looks like someone isn't trying hard enough. I've found the mascot for our friends, now that I think of it:
index.php

Attachments

• peter_pan.jpg
    peter_pan.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 275

Phorize

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just had a look at that AG thread; absolutely bizarre.

Phorize

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You know what would “totally transform” your listening experience??

A transformer.

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I am going to genetically engineer some owl ears into my head.

egellings

Major Contributor
I listen through a pair of output transformers and a pair of SUT's for the turntable. It has no right to sound that good.

Top Bottom