• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Bose QuietComfort Ultra headphones and earphones/earbuds coming soon, and QCSE/45 is reduced

ommadusk

I bought myself a pair of new QCSEs/45s for travelling. They're recommended by Amir. I don't know what they'll sound like. They're selling now at a reduced price on Bose's website and Amazon and Bose has a fantastic 90 day free return policy. The new Ultra headphones and earphones are being talked about as coming out soon.
ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg.jpg

ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg (1).jpg

ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg (2).jpg

MayaTlab

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I'm very curious to see how these will turn out. I could be wrong but this photo suggests to me a new acoustic design over the QC35/45 and 700 series, hopefully one that will be less sensitive to coupling issues past 1kHz than the previous models :
Screenshot 2023-08-15 at 15.01.26.png

According to this article the "Ultra" version of the new Quietcomfort will have a feature branded with the same name as the Custom Tune feature of the QC earbuds II, but I wonder if the underlying implementation will truly be comparable and / or if it could help with coupling issues past 1kHz : https://www.dealabs.com/magazine/bo...opos-des-prochains-casques-et-ecouteurs-26781
And I'm quite eager to see how they'll implement their spatial audio features.

markanini

Major Contributor
More partial to the old design language. Other than that I expect good stuff coming from Bose.

Moonhead

Finally a Good headphone from Bose, I take!

leonasj500

does worth upgrade from QCii earbuds to ultra? i think aptx codec will never updates to qcii. how works spatial modes on ultras?and sound quality im expect way better AAC vs Aptx ?

Top Bottom