• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Looking for USA based cabinet builder (ideally MD, VA, DC area)

frankalank

Hi All!

After enjoying my s2000 MTMs for 4 years I am looking to build Troel Gravesen's CNO-Grande, but am having trouble sourcing a cabinet maker. I have chosen this route after difficulty sourcing quality grade plywood and also not having access to a shop this time around. I am looking for at least CNC services but also open to complete construction. I know this is not truly DIY and more like following LEGOs, but I would very much appreciate any and all help :D

thanks!

zman01

You can check Bob at Big Wood Studio - some folks at diyAudio have used his services / flat-packs.

tcarson

Forum Donor
@frankalank ,

You could try contacting your local maker space and ask if they or a member might take on the job. It looks like Openworks in Baltimore, would be a good candidate. They or a member there might also have a good place for plywood and lumber purchases.

on the Openworks website they list Chesapeake Plywood, R. Thomas Frock Lumber, FreeState Timbers

For anyone in Michigan,

I recommend L.L. JOHNSON LUMBER for wood and plywood. They will ship freight anywhere check website for shipping costs. I recommend buying at least 100 board feet for the first price break.

All American Plywood in Detroit, wholesale but through maker spaces you can order at reasonable prices

Top Bottom