• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Living room M16s and a C205 Centre dilemma

SolarisFps

I currently have a 5.1.4 setup in my living room consisting of
Sub: Arendal 1961 1s
Kef Q350 and Q650c as fronts
Monitor audio surrounds
and 4 atmos down-firing speakers

I can change the fronts to the Revel m16s and the C205 for around £1400. After lots of research, the issue is the 2-way MTM design of the centre. As the centre speaker goes in the middle of the room, it is much closer than the left and right due to the chimney breast. After seeing reviews of the c25 it would suggest that its wave pattern is very narrow. Given the fact i have a q650c would the centre be a killer for me? Compared to the Uniq drivers. My room isn't ideal by any standards and the main listening position is not a perfect 0 degrees.

I could get 4 ls 50s and sell 1 and use the ls50 as a centre, but I like the idea of having the m16s it's just the centre that is the issue for me. My listening is mainly home theatre.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 48
Top Bottom