• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

JBL 4367 in the house

Matt Bell

Mine arrived a couple of months ago. Once I got the LF correction sorted, the sound was pretty damned good.

(And in case anyone's worried, the sofa in front of the right-hand speaker is now no longer in front of the speaker.)

IMG_4558.jpg

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Been itching to setup the 4367 in the house, but with the delay in getting the cutting boards to setup the right size platform, I just couldn't wait and put it near field right in front of everything to try out.
Behind it are the sopra n2 and klipsch forte iv, both are unbelievable high achiever in its own right.
Imaging JBL is winner no contest due to the wide freq coverage of the horn.
But because it only has ~100hrs, the sound is abit shrill and "hard", comparing to the forte iv more mellow, approachable smooth sound.
All push by mono AHB2. but I have a feeling over time this would surely be a keeper.

View attachment 292500
Man, i would love to have a listen to your stuff, very cool :cool:

fredoamigo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Well, this is just a temp spot. Once the cutting board is here, the platform for it to sit 6 inches up would be Bamboo->granite->Bamboo.
If any expert here have a better (AND more cost effective) suggestion for a solid platform to lift this fatboy up 6-8 inches, please let me know!
In my case, after a number of positioning and stand height tests, the best result was with a stand height of 19 cm (i.e. between 7 and 8 inches). This way, the axis of the horn is slightly above my ears during listening, which puts them in this configuration at more or less the same height as the M2s.
I've never understood why JBL doesn't sell the stands as options, or at least why they don't recommend them?

Reactions: MAB

BlackTalon

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Well, this is just a temp spot. Once the cutting board is here, the platform for it to sit 6 inches up would be Bamboo->granite->Bamboo.
If any expert here have a better (AND more cost effective) suggestion for a solid platform to lift this fatboy up 6-8 inches, please let me know!
CMUs are 7-5/8 inches tall. If you want closer to just 6 inches get nominal 6 inch thick ones (will be 5-5/8 inches wide) and put them on their sides.

OP
bryan0101

bryan0101

For the height, I think I might goto Ikea and get another pair of cheap cutting boards to make it 7.5" to try it as well.

And a grave warning to anyone getting the 4367........
It will make ur neighbors hate you, losing alot of sleep, and under-performing at your job.
The sound settled down after couple days of high SPL blasting (or my ears got used to the initial shocks), I cannot stop listening to it at night at low vol, weekend I cranking it up so loud without a hint of distortion, one can hear it 2 houses down with windows all closed.
Unlimited SPL with no distortion.
Unbelievable.

OP
bryan0101

bryan0101

I got couple more ahb2 for my second system, but figured I'd try doing biamp w the 4367 just out of curiosity. Shouldn't hear much difference. 2 seconds after connecting them, I knew they can't go anywhere. The air, 3D effect, details, are insanely good. Do not be fool by whatever 9xdb spec, give them whatever current u can throw at them. they'd take it and u'd be surprise how many nights of sleep deprivation one can endure.
IMG20230704183821.jpg

Top Bottom