• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Is The TWS Function of Portable Bluetooth Speakers Necessary?

Randy Fucce

TWS (True Wireless Stereo) mainly uses Bluetooth headsets, which is indeed a great improvement.
But is it necessary for us to consider the TWS (True Wireless Stereo) function provided by some portable speakers, such as party speakers or PA speakers?

TWS essentially allows you to connect two speakers wirelessly, creating a stereo effect that enhances the depth and richness of the audio.

Although the cost increase of this TWS module is not very large, it is less than 5 US dollars.
But as far as I know, users of portable speakers rarely use this function in their daily life.

Indoors, if we need more output power or surround sound effects, we can choose 2.1/3.1/4.1/5.1 sound system, and the connection is more stable.
There's absolutely no need to use two party speakers, and there's the instability of using the Bluetooth connection.

Outdoors, carrying two party speakers makes traveling and moving more difficult than felt necessary.

staticV3

Master Contributor
Tbh, this reads more like AI generated filler text than a post of someone interested in genuine discourse.

"Is it necessary for us to consider the TWS function?"
No? I dunno? What does this even mean?

You as a consumer have to decide for yourself and only yourself what features and functions would be useful and worthwhile.
If you can't see yourself carrying two of the same BT speakers around to get proper stereo sound, then that's totally fine.

But it is not a decision that us audio enthusiasts have to collectively make.

OP
R

Randy Fucce

Tbh, this reads more like AI generated filler text than a post of someone interested in genuine discourse.

"Is it necessary for us to consider the TWS function?"
No? I dunno? What does this even mean?

You as a consumer have to decide for yourself and only yourself what features and functions would be useful and worthwhile.
If you can't see yourself carrying two of the same BT speakers around to get proper stereo sound, then that's totally fine.

But it is not a decision that us audio enthusiasts have to collectively make.
Thanks for you remind.
I have time I will write more professional posts about speakers later on.
In this I just share my production and customer experience without analyzing this topic in depth.

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
But is it necessary for us to consider the TWS (True Wireless Stereo) function provided by some portable speakers, such as party speakers or PA speakers?
If you want the best possible stereo effect, yes, TWS solves that.
I bought these for my camping trips, one for 25€, i wanted water proof, small, true stereo. Got all that:
PXL_20220221_160721548.jpg

PXL_20220221_155647032.jpg

PXL_20220221_155711085.jpg

These obviously have no serious SPL or render all frequencies, but the stereo effect is there and it's good. I can put them on my regular speakers and enjoy music with them, it works.

Although the cost increase of this TWS module is not very large, it is less than 5 US dollars.
But as far as I know, users of portable speakers rarely use this function in their daily life.
There are a bunch, but you have to look for TWS to be advertised indeed.
I don't think it costs much to implement it, likely any recently manufactured BT chip supports it.

Outdoors, carrying two party speakers makes traveling and moving more difficult than felt necessary.
And yet i have those two "party" speakers in my backpack ;-)

OP
R

Randy Fucce

I bought these for my camping trips, one for 25€, i wanted water proof, small, true stereo. Got all that:
View attachment 330856
View attachment 330854
View attachment 330855
These obviously have no serious SPL or render all frequencies, but the stereo effect is there and it's good. I can put them on my regular speakers and enjoy music with them, it works.

I don't think it costs much to implement it, likely any recently manufactured BT chip supports it.

Why don't you buy a bigger size and more powerful speaker instead of them?
View attachment 330856
View attachment 330854
View attachment 330855

Why don't buy a bigger size driver and more powerful speaker instead of them?
For example, Anker Motion Boom.
In terms of weight and volume, the two are about the same. And the Motion Boom output power is greater.

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Why don't you buy a bigger size and more powerful speaker instead of them?
Because:
* price, 50€ for a stereo pair two years ago
* small and light
* water proof
* can be used as a usb power bank

Why don't buy a bigger size driver and more powerful speaker instead of them?
They do the trick, no need to replace them until they break.

For example, Anker Motion Boom.
In terms of weight and volume, the two are about the same. And the Motion Boom output power is greater.
Maybe, but i don't think i was aware they existed back then. Will consider them if the fail on me.

Top Bottom