• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Is the topping D50 the best I can do for $250 usd ?

Yankees24

I'm looking to upgrade to an external dac to play with my emotiva ta100. The emotiva usb input maxes out at 96khz. I'm using a new Samsung tablet to stream qobuz. I noticed there was an smsl m200 and topping d50 and was wondering if they're the best in that price range

Ajax

Forum Donor
I have the topping D50s and can recommend it and suggest you search this site for Amir’s review in which he is also very complimentary.

IMO the D50s will provide you with sufficient transparency such that it will never be the weak link in even the most sophisticated system. Save your money for a decent set of speakers, DSP and room treatment.

Sukie

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I'm looking to upgrade to an external dac to play with my emotiva ta100. The emotiva usb input maxes out at 96khz. I'm using a new Samsung tablet to stream qobuz. I noticed there was an smsl m200 and topping d50 and was wondering if they're the best in that price range
Unless you need bluetooth connection on your DAC, you can get the Topping E30 and save a bit of money.

OP
Y

Yankees24

I have the topping D50s and can recommend it and suggest you search this site for Amir’s review in which he is also very complimentary.

IMO the D50s will provide you with sufficient transparency such that it will never be the weak link in even the most sophisticated system. Save your money for a decent set of speakers, DSP and room treatment.

Thanks , I'm all set with rest of my system.

OP
Y

Yankees24

Unless you need bluetooth connection on your DAC, you can get the Topping E30 and save a bit of money.
Thanks, would like bt only because I like to stream music from apple music from my phone.

Top Bottom