• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Is LEAK stereo 130 a totally(?) quasi-Quad VENA II?

Matsuo Mayu

Hello everyone,I am new here trying to buy a new amp of European brand. The IGA family has released the copy of the vintage LEAK stereo 30 named LEAK stereo 130, however I found that the truth 'In 1996, the LEAK Downham Market manufacturing plant was demolished, paving way for local development. ’ listed in LEAK website...After 24 years, seems there is no way can IGA reunite the Engineers and other folks form the old LEAK.

Also the specs of LEAK stereo 130 and Quad VENA II are quite the same, even the interior?

So anyone knows the truth? Thanks!

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Leak Stereo 130>
4H_JZa9Xz_82clDyzEAiIsH2N9kmi113GeYnZ7KCjhzyKefzScmde2YBvU9VQMKPOIYQs8AubIprPJ-5pI3uJeabZmc6zfZAJ4v-tRYwSM9iGhFJq6WQVyx05O7kQEitLujwVRhbN37YKxM365Id-cj3wVc4vw

Quad VENA II>
vena-II-inside-image-11.jpg

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
The do look very similar although I do see some components that are different. Like the relays.

OP
Matsuo Mayu

Matsuo Mayu

The do look very similar although I do see some components that are different. Like the relays.
I even doubt that they would sound the same, but no audition available in my location, sad.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Yep~That is what confused me as the layout looks alike but I am now well knowing circuit...so~~~
I would buy the one you like more. Are the warranties the same? They appear to be the same units other than the controls at the front panel.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't see a advantage to either. The front is different and they look different. So buy the one that is more to your taste. :D

Golem

It is only the name. "Designed" in UK, produced in China. Looks pretty vintage. I am tempted but not for 1k. It is leaking informations about the integrated head amp. The Internet says 850mW on 32 Ohm. It can be a lucky good quality or unlucky quality, China still leaks on quality control. I agree it is tempting.

Top Bottom