• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

In Space No One Can Hear You Scream...Maybe

sonitus mirus

However, NASA is looking to get some civilian help listening to sounds of space as part of their Heliophysics Audified Resonances in Plasmas (HARP) project.

"We invite you to join the HARP Citizen Science team and engage in cutting edge research of real satellite data! Use our open-source tool to reveal the hidden depths and structure of space, much like sonar is used to probe the deep ocean.

We need your help to explore the data, there is too much for us to do alone. By converting this data into sound and listening with your ears, the brain can pick out complex wave patterns much faster than by eye.

With a little training, a human volunteer can detect meaningful sounds that a computer doesn't yet know how to search for, and you just may find something no one has heard or seen before!

Listen and analyze the sound samples online, then submit your findings for scientists to analyze and verify. "

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Maybe those who hear to -300dB can help.

/Forum meme joke

Sokel

Master Contributor
As if aliens were not enough nonsense now we will have aliens listening for differences between 5" and 6.5" size drivers :facepalm:.

Joke aside,that looks nice,who knows what patterns can inspire someone for a nice concert.

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Oh Boy. How do I position my speaker? Where the REW mic? Will Harman still apply? Do (gyrogenic) cable matter afterall? What about my mains power in space? … Questions over questions and Hi-Fi will be rocket science afterall.

Top Bottom